Hello guys, welcome back to the most excellent receipes web page. If you are looking for yummy Roasted Squash & Spiced Lentils recipe, you are now at the perfect place. We only serve excellent Roasted Squash & Spiced Lentils recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to roasted squash & spiced lentils recipe. You can have roasted squash & spiced lentils using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Here are the ingridients that are needed to prepare a tasty Roasted Squash & Spiced Lentils:
- Take 1 of medium squash.
- Get 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Provide of Sprinkle of sumac (optional).
- You need 1 of large onion.
- Get 300 g of red lentils.
- You need 1.5 tsp of garam masala.
- Get 1.5 tsp of medium curry powder.
- You need 1.5 tsp of ground cumin.
- Provide 1.5 tsp of caraway seeds.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 400 g of greens (eg. mix of tenderstem broccoli and mange tout).
Done with the ingridients? Below are the instructions on producing Roasted Squash & Spiced Lentils:
- Wash, deseed and chop squash into wedges..
- Spread the squash wedges evenly spaced on a baking tray. Drizzle with half the olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with sumac if desired. Place trays in a preheated oven (200°C) for 20-30 minutes until golden brown and soft..
- Finely chop the onion..
- Soften the onion in the remaining olive oil for 5-6mins..
- Then add the spices, stir through and cook for another 3 minutes..
- Add the lentils to the pan and stir well. Cover with cold water, bring to the boil and simmer for 30 minutes or until lentils are soft. Stir intermittently and add more water if required..
- Once soft, drain off any excess liquid and season well to taste..
- Serve with steamed greens. We used tenderstem broccoli and mange tout..
Acorn squashes aren't quite as tough and formidable as butternut squashes, but Once you've split the squash and scooped out the seeds (which you should definitely save for roasting later), then all. Place the squash in a roasting tin, cut-sides up. Drizzle over the olive oil and dot with the butter. Delicious and healthy (vegetarian) Roasted Acorn Squash Soup that is quite easy to make.. Butternut Squash, Simple Roasted Butternut Squash, Fat-free Roasted Butternut Squash.
A recipe is a good story that finishes with a appetizing meal. If you find this internet site helpful Sharing this internet site to your mates is the deal Wish that your Roasted Squash & Spiced Lentils turns your day joyful.