Hello friends, welcome back to the most excellent receipes internet site. If you are searching for best Chicken Leg with Caper Mash recipe, you are now at the best place. We only prepare excellent Chicken Leg with Caper Mash recipe which will make your dish like a professional chef’s.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken leg with caper mash recipe. You can cook chicken leg with caper mash using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Here are the ingridients that are needed to produce a heavenly Chicken Leg with Caper Mash:
- Use 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Get 2 of chicken legs.
- Use of Sea salt.
- You need of Ground black pepper.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic, peeled but whole.
- Provide 40 g of butter.
- Get 1 of red onion, sliced.
- Provide 1 of green chili, with seeds, chopped.
- Get 2-3 of potatoes, depending upon size.
- You need 1 tbsp of crème fraîche or milk.
- Get 1 tbsp of capers, lightly crushed.
Done with the ingridients? Below are the steps on preparing Chicken Leg with Caper Mash:
- Pre-heat oven to Gas Mark 6 or electric equivalent (probably 190-210C, Circotherm 170C).
- Make one slit in each chicken drumstick and thigh (they don’t have be separated), season the chicken legs and slide a garlic clove into each slit. Use 10g butter to smear over the chicken skin..
- Heat the oil in an ovenproof dish and gently fry the red onion and chili until the onion is beginning to caramelise, about 5 minutes. Avoid stirring but instead use a spatula to slide the onion slices around if necessary to prevent sticking..
- Remove from the hob, gathering the onions and chili to make two (or four if you’ve jointed the legs) shallow mounds and place a chicken piece on each mound. Roast in pre-heated oven until the chicken is cooked, around 40 minutes..
- Boil the potatoes in lightly salted water, drain in a colander and return to the warm saucepan. Cover and allow to settle for a few minutes, then mash with the rest of the butter and the crème fraîche/milk. Then stir in the capers, taste and season – with the capers, salt may not be needed..
- Place the chicken legs on their beds of onion and chili onto plates and add the caper mash. Other vegetables can be served as accompaniments: a few frozen peas and carrots add colour..
A recipe is a good story that ends with a appetizing meal. If you find this web page fruitful Sharing this page to your buddies is the deal Hope that your Chicken Leg with Caper Mash makes your day cheerful.