Hi buddy, back with us in the most excellent receipes internet site. If you are looking for complete How to Make Rye Sourdough Starter recipe, you are now at the best place. We only serve excellent How to Make Rye Sourdough Starter recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to how to make rye sourdough starter recipe. To make how to make rye sourdough starter you need 2 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Below are the ingridients that are required to cook a yummy How to Make Rye Sourdough Starter:
- Take of up to 500 g rye flour or other whole grain flour (slightly over a pound).
- You need of up to 500 ml warm water.
Done with the ingridients? Here are the instructions on preparing How to Make Rye Sourdough Starter:
- Day 1: In a large bowl, mix 100 g (about 9-10 Tbsp) rye flour with 100 ml (100 g if using scale) luke warm water. Cover with a lid or plastic wrap and let sit on the counter for 24 hours (stir one time after 12 hours to mix in air)..
- Day 2: Add another 100 g (9-10 Tbsp) rye flour and 100 ml (or 100 g) to the same bowl. Mix in well and recover with plastic wrap. Again let it sit for 24 hours (stir one time after 12 hours)..
- Repeat step 2 until you see a lot of air bubbles in the dough and there is a significant increase in size after 12 hours of sitting. It should start to smell "sour" like a strong sourdough smell then it tends to turn to a more mild sour-fruity smell. Depending on the season and temperature of your house it could take as little as 3 days up to about 5 or 6 days..
- Once the sourdough is 'ripe' and ready, put about 100 g in a jar with lid and store in the refrigerator. Use the remaining sourdough for a recipe right away..
- To keep your sourdough healthy, "feed" it every week or two by adding 50 g rye flour and 50 ml (or 50 g) water and mixing well..
A recipe is a nice story that finishes with a enjoyable meal. If you find this web site helpful Sharing this site to your acquaintances is the deal Wish that your How to Make Rye Sourdough Starter turns your day joyful.