Hi buddy, back with us in the most interesting receipes site. If you are searching for pleasing Steak and Ale Pie recipe, you are now at the best place. We only provide excellent Steak and Ale Pie recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to steak and ale pie recipe. You can have steak and ale pie using 17 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you do it.
Below are the ingridients that are needed to cook a heavenly Steak and Ale Pie:
- Use 750 grams of diced beef.
- Use 2 of onion, chopped.
- Get 2 can of sliced carrots.
- Take 1 clove of garlic.
- Use 500 ml of beef stock.
- Use 1 can of boddingtons.
- Take 1 tbsp of basil.
- Provide 1 tbsp of thyme.
- Provide 1 of salt.
- Use of black pepper.
- Provide 500 grams of mushrooms.
- Provide 40 grams of porcini mushrooms.
- You need 3 tbsp of flour.
- Provide 2 tbsp of oil.
- Use 200 ml of water.
- Provide 1 tbsp of cornflour.
- Prepare 500 grams of shortcrust pastry.
Done with the ingridients? Here are the steps on serving Steak and Ale Pie:
- Start off by adding the diced beef to some flour and mixing well. Once done add a little oil to a large pan and heating. Add the diced beef and brown. While this is going on add the porcini mushrooms to a small pan of water and leave to cook for about 10 mins..
- Once browned add the onion and beef stock to the mix and keep stirring..
- Once throughly mixed add the carrots and mushrooms..
- At this point add the porcini mushrooms to the mix again keep stirring..
- Again keep stirring as the mix will stick to bottom of pan other wise. At this point add the boddingtons..
- At this point it will probably look quite watery but dont worry it will thicken up. At this point you can add the salt, pepper and thyme..
- Finally after about 20 mins add the basil and either some cornflour or oxo cubes to help thicken the mixture up..
- Once you have finally got the mixture ready time to sort your pie out. Get your self about 500g of shortcrust pastry either buy or make yourself..
- Roll the pastry out on a flat surface your going to need to split the pastry for the bottom and topping also depending on the size of your dish..
- Line the dish with the first lot of pastry making sure there is an overlap on the outside of the dish..
- Next take your mixture amd sieve it so that alot of the juicy drops into a bowl underneath..
- Add the sieved mixture to your dish till just below the top and level..
- Take the second part of your pastry and cover the dish pushing the edges together and slightly into the dish to make a crust around the outside..
- Finally using a knife slice a few lines into the pastry so it cooks evenly..
- Place in the oven about 180 for about 30 mins or till pastry golden brown..
Place the beef stew meat, onion, and ale in a large saucepan. Hawksmoor recipe steak and ale pie. Photograph: Felicity Cloake Photograph: Felicity Cloake Ale is obviously non-negotiable, though many recipes, including the Bikers and Warner, don't specify. The perfect steak and ale pie The perfect Scottish pie must have a thick, dark gravy. The meat has to be tender and flaky and the rich taste comes from hours and hours of slow cooking.
A recipe is a nice story that finishes with a delicious meal. If you find this web site helpful Sharing this web page to your acquaintances is the deal Wish that your Steak and Ale Pie makes your day joyful.