Hello guys, back with us in the most excellent receipes web page. If you are searching for yummy Sig's Steak, Ale and Mustard Pie recipe, you are now at the right place. We only serve excellent Sig's Steak, Ale and Mustard Pie recipe which will make your dish like a professional chef’s.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sig's steak, ale and mustard pie recipe. You can cook sig's steak, ale and mustard pie using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Below are the ingridients that are needed to serve a yummy Sig's Steak, Ale and Mustard Pie:
- Get 700 gr of best stewing steak, cubed.
- Take 250 gr of red onions, chopped.
- Get 500 ml of very dark ale or stout.
- Get 3 of knorr type beef stock cubes or 1-2 oxo type cubes, to taste.
- Take 6 cloves of smoked garlic, crushed.
- Get 1 tablespoon of French mustard.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of creamed horseradish.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of smoked paprika.
- Take 1/4 teaspoon of crushed black pepper.
- Take to taste of Salt, optional.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of cornflour mixed with a little cold milk or water.
- You need 350 gr of shortcrust pastry.
- Use 350 gr of puffpastry (or 700 gr shortcrust in total).
- Prepare 1 of whisked egg.
- Take of for shortcrust pastry.
- Prepare 250 gr of plain flour.
- Use Pinch of salt.
- Prepare 115 gr of butter/ cold cubed.
- Take 6 tablespoons of cold water.
Done with the ingridients? Below are the instructions on serving Sig's Steak, Ale and Mustard Pie:
- Chop the meat into inch big cubes. Heat pan, sear the meat, add the onion..
- Either add into a slow cooker or cook over a long time on low temperature on stove top, add a little of the ale in pot on stove. This may foam up but will settle quickly. For cooking in slow cooker add a little of the ale into pan to get all the searing flavour of the bottom of pan then add this into the slow cooker with the meat. Either way add the rest of the ale and all the other ingredients except the salt and pastry. Only add the salt towards the very end for taste if needed..
- When the meat is almost falling apart turn of the slow cooker or the pot on the stove. Pour all the sauce into a small sauce pan, boil until reduced by half. Mix cornflour with about 3-4 level teaspoons of cold milk or water as desired add to the sauce to make a thick gravy. Add to the meat, let it cool down, or pastry might get soggy..
- You can make your own pastry or use shop bought pastry either is fine. Line the bottom of your pie dish with rolled out shortcut pastry, then egg wash the edges before you top with puff pastry or just shortcrust pastry.
- Crimp the pastry over and egg wash the pastry. Bake pie in preheated oven at 180 for about 25 to 30 minutes or until crispy golden brown. Enjoy.
- For the shortcrust pastry as it is easiest put the flour into a big bowl. Use your fingertips to rub the butter into the flour until you have a mixture that looks like breadcrumbs, there should be no lumps of butter left in the mix. Make sure it does not become to greasy..
- Add water just a little at a time to start binding the dough together. Then wrap the dough in kitchen wrap / cling film and put it into the fridge for about 20 minutes. Then roll out onto a lightly floured board as needed..
For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious. Sig's Steak, Ale and Mustard Pie is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. Sig's Steak, Ale and Mustard Pie is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It is easy, it's quick, it tastes yummy.
A recipe is a good story that finishes with a enjoyable meal. If you find this site fruitful Sharing this web site to your acquaintances is the deal Hope that your Sig's Steak, Ale and Mustard Pie makes your day cheerful.