Hello guys, welcome back to the most complete receipes page. If you are looking for tasty Vickys Christmas Yule Log, GF DF EF SF NF recipe, you are now at the best place. We only provide excellent Vickys Christmas Yule Log, GF DF EF SF NF recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to vickys christmas yule log, gf df ef sf nf recipe. To make vickys christmas yule log, gf df ef sf nf you need 19 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Below are the ingridients that are required to prepare a delicious Vickys Christmas Yule Log, GF DF EF SF NF:
- Use 1 of This uses the same recipe as my Best Ever Vegan Chocolate Cake with the ingredients halved as follows:.
- Prepare 240 grams of plain flour.
- Take 3 tbsp of cocoa powder.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Get 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Use 1 tsp of bicarb of soda/baking soda.
- Provide 30 ml of olive oil.
- Provide 1/2 of medium avocado, well mashed.
- Use 240 ml of water.
- Use 120 grams of sugar.
- Use 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Get of Buttercream Icing.
- Take 150 grams of dairy-free spread/pure margarine/butter.
- Prepare 250 grams of icing/powdered sugar.
- Provide 2 tbsp of cocoa powder or to taste.
- Get of Ganache.
- You need 150 ml of double / heavy / coconut cream.
- You need 150 grams of good quality dark chocolate.
Ready with the ingridients? Below are the steps on preparing Vickys Christmas Yule Log, GF DF EF SF NF:
- Preheat your oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F and line a shallow tin such as for brownies or swiss roll with greaseproof paper.
- Mix the flour, cocoa and salt together.
- In a separate bowl combine the sugar, water, oil and avocado. Mix well and add to the dry ingredients and combine well.
- In a small bowl combine the baking powder, soda, vinegar then vanilla. Mix until well frothed up then add to the cake batter. Don't overmix or you'll knock all the air out.
- Quickly pour into the shallow cake tin and put in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until JUST ALMOST done or you won't be able to roll it.
- Lay another piece of greaseproof paper on top of the sponge. Use the bottom paper to roll the sponge over jelly/swiss roll style so the top piece of paper is rolled inside. Don't roll too tight or the cake will crack when you undo it. Let cool 15 minutes then unroll carefully – you are not rolling it completely flat, that will break it. Just loosening it.
- Make up buttercream icing by creaming the butter, sugar and cocoa (you might like more cocoa in it) together, remove the paper and spread on top of the sponge, then roll back up again. Cover the whole sponge including ends in the rest of the buttercream.
- Drag a fork long ways across the 'log' to make the bark of the wood effect. Don't forget the ends, Do those grains circle fashion. Put the cake in the fridge to harden the buttercream.
- To make the ganache for the top, first chop up the chocolate quite small. Bring the cream to the boil in a saucepan and as soon as it does, take the pan off the heat and whisk in the chocolate. At this stage you could add a tsp of rum, orange essence or any other flavouring but it's not necessary.
- Let the ganache cool to the point where it's not hot enough to melt the buttercream icing but is still spreadable and put into a piping bag.
- Take the log out of the fridge and pipe the ganache all over remembering the ends. It should settle into the grooves you already made nicely but you can gently go over them again if you want to. Put back into the fridge to harden.
- When ready to serve give a dusting of powdered sugar. Traditionally these are decorated to resemble forests with lots of greenery on top.
A recipe is a nice story that ends with a delicious meal. If you find this internet site fruitful Sharing this page to your buddies is the deal Wish that your Vickys Christmas Yule Log, GF DF EF SF NF makes your day cheerful.