Hi buddy, back with us in the most pleasing receipes web site. If you are looking for best Idli-sambar recipe, you are now at the right place. We only serve excellent Idli-sambar recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to idli-sambar recipe. To cook idli-sambar you only need 23 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Below are the ingridients that are needed to cook a delicious Idli-sambar:
- Use of For idli-.
- Provide 250 g of suji/ semolina.
- Prepare 1/2 ltr of buttermilk.
- Provide to taste of Salt.
- Prepare as needed of Water.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Use of For sambar-.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of split pigeon peas.
- Take 2 tbsp of oil.
- Get 1 of finely chopped onion.
- Take 1 of finely chopped tomato.
- Prepare 1 bowl of chopped mix veg(brinjal, french beans, drumstick, potato, Carrot).
- You need 1/2 of mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of asafoetida.
- Use 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need 5-7 of curry leaves.
- Get 1-2 of dry red chilli.
- You need 1 tbsp of sambar masala powder.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- Provide as needed of Finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Get as needed of Water.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder.
Ready with the ingridients? Below are the steps on preparing Idli-sambar:
- Put all idli ingredients in a bowl and mix it well and make a smooth batter and keep aside for 10-15 minutes. After 15 minutes when the mixture gets thick then add little water in it and mix it well and add baking soda in it and mix it well. Now put 2 glass of water in idli cooker and preheat the idli cooker and grease the idli stand with oil and spread the idli batter on it and steam it for 7-10 minutes. When the idli get cool down then take out them..
- Firstly soak dal for 1/2 hour and after 1/2 hour put the dal and all vegetables boil in a cooker and add water, turmeric powder, salt in it and close the cooker lid. Cook over medium flame for 2-3 whistles and turn off the gas and allow it to stand until pressure comes down naturally and mash the dal with the help of a spatula/blender..
- Heat oil in a kadai and add mustard seeds, asafoetida and cumin seeds in it. When they start to splutter then add curry leaves, dry red chilli and saute it for few seconds. Add chopped onion and saute it until onion turns light brown and add tamarind pulp and cook it for few minutes..
- Add chopped tomato and add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and saute it for few minutes. When the tomato turns soft then add sambar masala powder in it. Stir and cook for a minute. Add boiled vegetables and mashed dal, water and salt and mix it well and cook it for 7-8 minutes..
- Add coriander leaves and mix it well and turn off the flame..
- Your sambar is ready to serve..
The quantity of dal used should be lesser than regular sambar so that the. Idli Sambar is an unbeatable combo, I love to eat idli with both sambar and coconut chutney. Attimes I love to dunk the idlis in sambar and enjoy my sambar idli that is my preference only now. Idli sambar are almost inseparable members on a traditional South Indian platter. Idlies are steamed cakes made of fermented rice-and-lentil batter.
A recipe is a good story that finishes with a good meal. If you find this site useful Sharing this internet site to your families is the deal Wish that your Idli-sambar makes your day joyful.