Greetings to everyone out there, back with us in the most perfect receipes internet site. If you are searching for excellent Vietnamese Caramelised Pork recipe, you are now at the correct place. We only serve excellent Vietnamese Caramelised Pork recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to vietnamese caramelised pork recipe. You can have vietnamese caramelised pork using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Here are the ingridients that are needed to make a perfect Vietnamese Caramelised Pork:
- You need 1 kg of Pork (Belly and loin both work well).
- Provide 6-8 of Spring Onions (Sliced).
- Prepare 2 of Red Chilis (Adjust to taste).
- Get 60 g of Fresh Root Ginger (Grated).
- Get 1 Tablespoon of Freshly Ground Black Pepper.
- Get 5 Tablespoons of Fish Sauce.
- You need 8 Tablespoons of White Sugar.
- Prepare 500 ml of Water.
Done with the ingridients? Here are the instructions on serving Vietnamese Caramelised Pork:
- Chop the pork into 1" chunks and add it to a large bowl..
- Slice the spring onion and add it to the bowl..
- Finely chop two red chilis and add to the bowl..
- Peel and grate the fresh root ginger and add it to the bowl. TIP: A teaspoon makes an excellent peeler for getting the skin off the ginger..
- Add 1 tablespoon of black pepper and 5 tablespoons of fish sauce..
- Mix well and leave the mixture to marinade in the fridge for at least 1 hour..
- Add 8 tablespoons of sugar to a large saucepan and place on a medium heat. After a few minutes you should notice the sugar start to melt. When it first starts to melt it will be a clear liquid but will quickly go brown. The challenge is to get all of the sugar to melt before the bit that melted first starts to burn. If it smells burnt or starts to smoke its better to start again that carry on regardless. Stirring may help but sometimes a quick shake of the pan will do the trick..
- Once all the sugar has melted and is a golden brown colour carefully add the water. This is usually fairly spectacular as the pan is very hot. Expect steam, obscure sugar sculptures rising out of the pan and frantically boiling water..
- Once all the caramel has dissolved you should have a very runny, sweet brown syrup. Bring this to the boil and then add the marinated pork mix..
- Bring the pan back to the boil and stir well. Then reduce the heat and leave to simmer for at least an hour..
- Once most of the liquid has evaporated and the pork is tender and sticky we are ready to serve! Goes great with rice and stir-fried greens..
Sometimes pork shoulder is used for a leaner version. Vietnamese Caramelized Pork Chops (Suon Nuong). Three of these ultra-thin ¼"-thick pork chops for this dish, flavored with a caramel-lemongrass marinade, can be cut from one hefty. Sugar and fish sauce caramelized pork belly tossed with spaghetti. Perfect for a quick weeknight dinner.
A recipe is a good story that finishes with a delicious meal. If you find this page fruitful Sharing this site to your acquaintances is the deal Hope that your Vietnamese Caramelised Pork makes your day cheerful.