Hi buddy, back with us in the most complete receipes site. If you are searching for tasty Patey/Acha (Fonio grain porridge) recipe, you are now at the right place. We only prepare excellent Patey/Acha (Fonio grain porridge) recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to patey/acha (fonio grain porridge) recipe. You can have patey/acha (fonio grain porridge) using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Here are the ingridients that are required to cook a tasty Patey/Acha (Fonio grain porridge):
- Take of Pepper (sliced).
- Provide of Onions (chopped).
- Take of Green vegetable (aleho).
- Provide of Iru (locust bean).
- Get of Dried fish.
- Provide of Brisket bone.
- Provide of Vegetable oil.
- You need of Bitter garden egg (sliced).
- Take of Salt/seasoning.
Done with the ingridients? Below are the steps on preparing Patey/Acha (Fonio grain porridge):
- Put the Acha in a bowl, add lot of water and wash thoroughly to remove sand. Set aside..
- In a pot, add the brisket bone and dried fish, add salt/seasoning,add water (as required), add the pepper, little vegetable oil, cover and allow to boil..
- Add the cut, washed green vegetables (aleho) and stir, cover and allow to boil finally. Do not allow water to dry off completely, the meal has to be moist..
- Your Patey is ready… Enjoy!!.
Fonio grain is cooked with dried fruits and nuts then topped with coconut and cinnamon for a wholesome breakfast porridge. Earthy-flavored fonio is full of nutrition, which makes it a perfect choice for a gluten- and oat-free breakfast. Fonio grain popularly referred to in Nigeria as Acha or hungry rice, is a grain that is very popular and grown in the northern and middle belt of Nigeria. This grain comes in two forms the white Acha and the millet Acha or brown Acha or we can say the white fonio and the fonio millet. Today it is making headlines thanks to its moreish flavour and remarkable health benefits: The Guardian described it as "the grain that would defeat quinoa as king among foodies" and The Boston Globe as "the most nutritious grain you've probably never heard of".
A recipe is a good story that finishes with a enjoyable meal. If you find this web page fruitful Sharing this web page to your mates is the deal Hope that your Patey/Acha (Fonio grain porridge) makes your day cheerful.