Greetings to everyone out there, welcome back to the most complete receipes page. If you are searching for pleasing Mapo Tofu recipe, you are now at the best place. We only provide excellent Mapo Tofu recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mapo tofu recipe. You can have mapo tofu using 11 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you do it.
Here are the ingridients that are required to prepare a heavenly Mapo Tofu:
- You need 200 gms of minced pork.
- Take 450 gms of silken tofu cut in 1 inch cubes.
- Get 2/3 cup of chicken/ vegetable broth or plain water.
- Get 1 tsp of corn starch.
- You need 3 tbsp of ginger minced.
- Get 3 tbsp of garlic minced.
- Get 6-8 of dried red chillies roughly chopped, or you could use 1-2 tsp of chillie flakes.
- Get 1 tsp of sichuan pepper coarsely ground.
- You need 1/4 tsp of sugar.
- Use 1/4 tsp of sesame oil.
- You need 2-3 tbsp of oil depending on the fattiness in pork.
Ready with the ingridients? Here are the steps on serving Mapo Tofu:
- Heat oil in your wok over medium heat. Add your ground Sichuan peppercorns and stir occasionally for 30 seconds. Add the ginger, garlic, chillies fry until aromatic about 1-2 minute, then turn heat to high and add the ground pork. Break up the meat and fry it until it’s cooked through. add broth/water and let it come to a boil; turn heat to medium and let it continue to simmer. Meanwhile in 1/4cup of water add corn starch and mix thoroughly. Now add cornstarch mixture to the broth and stir..
- Let it continue to simmer and thicken slightly. Once slightly thick, add tofu, give a light stir, let it continue to cook for about 5 minutes, now stir in sesame oil and sugar, turn heat off, garnish with green onions and coriander and serve with a steaming hot bowl of boiled rice..
A recipe is a good story that ends with a delicious meal. If you find this internet site helpful Sharing this page to your friends is the deal Hope that your Mapo Tofu turns your day cheerful.