Hello bro n sis, welcome back to the most pleasing receipes web page. If you are searching for delicious Steamed tofu with sweet soy dressing sauce and spring onions recipe, you are now at the perfect place. We only serve excellent Steamed tofu with sweet soy dressing sauce and spring onions recipe which will make your dish like a professional chef’s.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to steamed tofu with sweet soy dressing sauce and spring onions recipe. To cook steamed tofu with sweet soy dressing sauce and spring onions you only need 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do it.
Below are the ingridients that are needed to serve a heavenly Steamed tofu with sweet soy dressing sauce and spring onions:
- You need of Steaming tofu:.
- Provide 1 block of tofu (silken/soft or medium tofu).
- Take 4-6 cups of water (steaming tofu).
- Get of Sweet soy dressing sauce:.
- Use 3 teaspoons of sugar (caster or granulated).
- Provide 2 tablespoons of light soya sauce (add more or less depending on preference).
- Get 4 tablespoons of water.
- You need 1 teaspoon of sesame oil (pure or blended depending on preference), optional.
- Use of Garnish:.
- Prepare 1 stalk of spring onion, finely chopped.
Done with the ingridients? Here are the procedures on serving Steamed tofu with sweet soy dressing sauce and spring onions:
- Use a large pot with a steamer basket or use a wok with a bamboo steamer. Add water and cover with lid on high heat. Bring water to a boil..
- In the meantime, open the block of tofu, place in a bowl. Transfer the tofu on a chopping board with a paper towel on top. This drains the liquid and soaks up the excess moisture..
- Pat the tofu with paper towel to remove excess moisture on top. Gently remove the paper towel from the board. Slice tofu across the middle horizontally..
- Cut into 3 vertically, then horizontally down slicing tofu into cubes. Transfer to a bowl and place in steamer basket..
- Once the water is boiling, reduce heat to medium. Place the steamer in the pot or or the bamboo steamer on top of the wok. Let the tofu steam for about 20 minutes..
- While tofu steams, make the sweet soya dressing sauce. In a small saucepan, add the sugar, soya sauce and water. On medium heat bring mixture to a boil and keep stirring often to dissolve the sugar. Once sugar has dissolved and mixture is boiling, reduce the heat to low. Add the sesame oil (if adding) now. Stir constantly and heat for another minute. Turn off the heat and set aside..
- Once tofu has steamed, be careful when removing the steamer basket from pot as it will be hot. Place steamer basket on a large plate. Using a slotted spoon gently transfer the steamed tofu (without the excess water created from steaming) into a serving bowl. Pour all over the sweet soy dressing sauce. This will seep into the tofu making it flavoursome..
- Lastly, garnish the tofu with spring onions. This adds a fresh taste and gives another texture to the tofu. Eat immediately while hot and serve with a bowl of rice and side accompaniments like vegetables or Thai omelette..
You don't have to be a vegetarian to love tofu. Tofu in its natural state is very bland, but this makes it the perfect vehicle for carrying other flavours. Slice the tofu and arrange on a plate. Just before eating, drizzle with soy sauce and sprinkle with green onions. Whisk to combine the scallions, soy sauce, sesame oil, sesame seeds, rice vinegar, and sriracha.
A recipe is a good story that finishes with a well done meal. If you find this site useful Sharing this site to your acquaintances is the deal Hope that your Steamed tofu with sweet soy dressing sauce and spring onions turns your day cheerful.