Hello guys, welcome back to the most pleasing receipes web page. If you are looking for interesting Traditional Shortbread recipe, you are now at the right place. We only provide excellent Traditional Shortbread recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to traditional shortbread recipe. To make traditional shortbread you only need 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Below are the ingridients that are needed to make a perfect Traditional Shortbread:
- Provide 25 of p grams of butter, softened.
- Use 1/2 (1 cup) of icing sugar, sifted.
- You need 1 2/3 cups of plain flour.
- Provide 1/4 cup of rice flour.
Ready with the ingridients? Below are the instructions on serving Traditional Shortbread:
- Beat butter and icing sugadin a bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffg. Sift in flours, combine well with a wooden spoon..
- Press dough inti a ball. Knead lightly untik smooth. Pat dough into a 23 cn round, about 1 cm thick, on greased baking tray..
- Score into fingers or wedges. Pierce with fork. Bake at 140°c for 35-40 minites or until set and browned..
- Cool on trays for 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack. When almost cool. Cut througg line into pieces (try using a bread knife in a sawing motion for neat pieces). Cool shortbread completely. Store in an airthight container..
- Note: dough can be rolled out and cut into small rounds or bars, cut with scone or biscuit cutters or pressed into wooden shortbread or butter moulds, as desired. Reduce baking times is cooking smaller pieces..
I've read a few claims that "traditional" Scottish shortbread is made with farola: "Scottish Shortbread is traditionally made with farola, a free-flowing cream coloured and fine granular powder or flour milled from durum wheat." But the oldest recipes I've researched do not, so this "tradition" may be a later/more contemporary one. Melt the butter in a medium pot, and while the butter is melting, mix together all the dry ingredients. When the butter is just melted, add your dry ingredients mixture and stir until all it comes together. Put the flour, butter and sugar into a mixing bowl. Use your hands to combine the ingredients until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs, then squeeze until it comes together as a dough.
A recipe is a good story that ends with a well done meal. If you find this site useful Sharing this internet site to your acquaintances is the deal Wish that your Traditional Shortbread makes your day cheerful.