Hi people, welcome back to the most complete receipes web page. If you are searching for pleasing Amla or Gooseberry Soup/Rasam recipe, you are now at the best place. We only prepare excellent Amla or Gooseberry Soup/Rasam recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to amla or gooseberry soup/rasam recipe. To make amla or gooseberry soup/rasam you need 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Below are the ingridients that are needed to produce a appetizing Amla or Gooseberry Soup/Rasam:
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of jeera/cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of coriander seeds.
- Prepare 5-6 of black peppercorns.
- Use 1/2 tsp of urad dal/split black lentils.
- Get 1/2 tsp of oil.
- Prepare 4-5 of large amla/gooseberry.
- You need 2 of green chillies/jalapenos.
- Get 1/2 inch of piece ginger.
- Get 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Provide as needed of Coriander leaves for garnishing.
- You need of For seasoning:.
- Provide 2 teaspoons of ghee/clarified butter.
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of mustard seeds.
- Use 1 of dry red chilli.
- Take as needed of curry leaves.
- Take 1/4 teaspoon of hing/asafetida.
Done with the ingridients? Here are the sequences on preparing Amla or Gooseberry Soup/Rasam:
- In a small saucepan, roast jeera, coriander seeds, urad dal and peppercorns in a little oil for a few seconds. Remove from pan and keep aside. Wash and clean the gooseberries/amla and cut them up into small pieces, discarding the seed. Transfer the roasted spices along with the chopped gooseberry and green chillies into a blender jar..
- Blend the chopped amla along with the roasted spices with a little water to a smooth paste..
- Remove from blender jar into a large saucepan and dilute with required amount of water (about 3 cups). Add salt to taste and turmeric powder, mix well and bring to a boil. Adjust water accordingly. Simmer for about 5 minutes (do not boil it too much)..
- For the seasoning: Heat ghee in a small saucepan; once the ghee is hot, add mustard seeds. When they splutter, add dry red chilli, asafetida and curry leaves..
- Pour this seasoning into the #soup and mix well..
- Mix well,garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves and enjoy as a light and healthy #soup or serve hot with a bowl of steamed rice. Enjoy!! #wintersoup..
Usually, I make gooseberry juice along with curd and curry leaves which helps cool the body in the summertime. Amla & Dal Rasam/Indian Gooseberry Dal Soup Rasam, my readers will definitely know my love for Indian style clear soup aka rasam. In a small saucepan, roast jeera, coriander seeds, urad dal and peppercorns in a little oil for a few seconds. Remove from pan and keep aside. Tangy, healthy and light rasam or soup made from Indian gooseberry and some exotic aromatics like coriander, cumin etc., perfect with a bowl of hot steaming rice or even as a light soup to savor any time!
A recipe is a good story that ends with a enjoyable meal. If you find this internet site useful Sharing this page to your friends is the deal Wish that your Amla or Gooseberry Soup/Rasam makes your day joyful.