Hello friends, back with us in the most pleasing receipes page. If you are looking for interesting Hot N Sour Soup recipe, you are now at the perfect place. We only prepare excellent Hot N Sour Soup recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to hot n sour soup recipe. You can have hot n sour soup using 22 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you do that.
Below are the ingridients that are needed to cook a appetizing Hot N Sour Soup:
- Prepare of Meat and Vegetables.
- Take 1 tbsp of cooking oil (not olive oil).
- You need 4 oz of Chicken or pork, thinly sliced (cooked or raw, optional).
- Use 1/2 cup of chopped mushroom, fresh.
- Get 1/2 cup of carrot, julienned or sliced thin.
- Provide 1/2 cup of shredded cabbage (optional).
- You need 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Use 1 each of Thai pepper, whole or chopped (optional).
- Use 1 of or.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- You need of Broth.
- Prepare 5 cup of chicken stock or broth.
- Provide 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Provide 3 tbsp of vinegar such as apple cider, white, or rice.
- Provide 4 oz of extra firm tofu, cut into bite size pieces..
- Use 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
- You need 2 tbsp of water.
- Use of Finishes.
- Use 2 each of eggs, beaten.
- Use 1/2 tsp of white pepper (optional).
- Use 1/2 tsp of sesame oil (use a quality brand).
- Take 2 each of green onion, fresh, sliced.
Done with the ingridients? Below are the procedures on cooking Hot N Sour Soup:
- Meat and Vegetables: Heat the oil in a medium saucepan on high heat. Note: olive oil has a much lower smoke point than other oils. Not recomended. Note: if using cooked meat, skip to step 2. Add meat if raw. Cook and stir for about 5 min or until mostly done..
- Note: If you want to reduce the heat, wait to add thai pepper or red pepper flakes until step 7. Add mushroom, carrot, cabbage, and Thai pepper or red pepper flakes. Cook for another 5 min or until carrots are softened slightly..
- If using cooked meat, add now. Add 1 tablespoon of soy sauce. Stir until the mixture is coated with the soy sauce..
- Add chicken broth or stock..
- Note: Read this step completely before doing it. Add remaining soy sauce and vinegar, one tbs at a time, alternating between soy sauce and vinegar. Taste after each tablespoon addition to ensure that the flavor is to your liking. It should have a balanced flavor between salty and sour (you should be able to taste both equally). Adjust as necessary by adding more or less soy sauce or vinegar..
- Combine cornstarch and water in a separate bowl or cup..
- Add tofu and cornstarch/water mixture. If you haven't aready, add the Thai pepper or red pepper flakes now for less heat..
- Bring to a full boil. The broth will thicken slightly..
- Critical step: After it reaches a boil, remove from heat for about 30 seconds. While stirring slowly, slowly drizzle the beaten eggs into the soup. Note: if the broth is too hot, the eggs will overcook and disintegrate, making a milky broth instead of long ribbons like it's supposed to. Don't worry, it still makes a tasty soup, although the presentation won't be as great..
- Keep the heat off, but finish the soup by adding the sesame oil and white pepper. Stir to blend..
- Provide sliced green onion for garnish. Serve..
A recipe is a nice story that finishes with a well done meal. If you find this web site helpful Sharing this web site to your families is the deal Hope that your Hot N Sour Soup turns your day cheerful.