Hello bro n sis, welcome back to the most excellent receipes internet site. If you are searching for delicious Tea eggs (marbled tea eggs) recipe, you are now at the correct place. We only prepare excellent Tea eggs (marbled tea eggs) recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to tea eggs (marbled tea eggs) recipe. To cook tea eggs (marbled tea eggs) you need 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
Below are the ingridients that are required to make a remarkably good Tea eggs (marbled tea eggs):
- Prepare of For the eggs:.
- Take 6 cups of boiled kettle water.
- Get 7-8 of eggs.
- Use 1 of large mixing bowl, filled with ice cold water.
- Provide of Egg marinade:.
- Use of Wrapped in muslin.
- Take 2 of staranise.
- Get 1 of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 2 slices of ginger.
- Provide 2 of black tea bags or 1 tablespoon loose leaves.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- Use 1 teaspoon of Sichuan peppercorns.
- You need of In the pot:.
- Take 4 tablespoons of light soy suace.
- Provide 2 tablespoons of dark soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Get 2 cups of water.
Done with the ingridients? Below are the procedures on serving Tea eggs (marbled tea eggs):
- In a medium sized pot,. On medium high heat bring water to a boil, then reduce heat low. Add the eggs carefully to avoid Cracking. Tip: cook eggs for 5 minutes for soft boiled, 7 minutes for almost set, 10 minutes for hard boiled..
- Once the eggs are done, immediately transfer to ice cold water in a mixing bowl (this stops the eggs from cooking further) and let eggs cool down..
- In a muslin cloth, add the dry spice ingredients and tie together. Add the other marinade ingredients to the medium pot and place the muslin inside. On medium heat, bring to a boil and let the spices infuse. Once boiled, reduce the heat to very low and simmer for 5 minutes. Then turn off the heat and let the marinade cool down..
- With a teaspoon, gently crack the eggs (this creates the beautiful marbling effect), and place in a large jar or container..
- Pour the cooled down marinade into the container or jar. Fill until the eggs are completely covered. Place in the fridge and leave for 1 day. The longer the eggs are left in the marinade the deeper the flavour becomes. The eggs will last for 4 – 5 days in the refrigerator..
- Gently peel the eggs to reveal the marble pattern. With a sharp knife cut the eggs in half. Serve on it's own as a snack, with a stew or in a ramen soup noodle. I go for a softer boiled egg as I prefer the Onsen-style glazed yolk!.
This Marbled Tea Egg recipe serves up eggs with a beautiful marbled surface. They are simmered in a savory liquid with star anise, cinnamon sticks, Sichuan peppercorns, and black tea until soaked with the flavors of the spices and a refreshing tea fragrance. They look beautiful and taste divine! Chinese tea eggs are a tasty and beautiful snack, spectacular thanks to their spiderwebded texture. SERVING TEA EGGS Peel tea eggs just before serving, or present them.
A recipe is a good story that finishes with a delicious meal. If you find this web site useful Sharing this web page to your mates is the deal Hope that your Tea eggs (marbled tea eggs) makes your day joyful.