Hello friends, back with us in the most interesting receipes internet site. If you are searching for interesting Sour Spicy Beef Soup (Asem Asem Daging) recipe, you are now at the correct place. We only prepare excellent Sour Spicy Beef Soup (Asem Asem Daging) recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to sour spicy beef soup (asem asem daging) recipe. You can have sour spicy beef soup (asem asem daging) using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
Below are the ingridients that are required to produce a yummy Sour Spicy Beef Soup (Asem Asem Daging):
- Take 500 gr of beef cube/shank, cut cubed.
- Prepare 2 liters of water.
- Take 200 gr of french beans, cut like a matchstick.
- Use 1 of big carrot, cut like a matchstick.
- You need 2 of green/unripe green tomatoes.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- Provide 1 tbsp of sweet soya sauce (preferably Indonesian sweet soya sauce like bango or ABC brand).
- Take 1 piece of gula melaka/brown sugar (about 50 gram).
- Take 4 tsp of tamarind juice.
- Take to taste of Salt, sugar.
- Get of Stir Fry Ingredients.
- Get 4 of big green chillies, cut.
- You need 1 of big red chillies, cut.
- Take 6 of bird eye chillies/chilli padi, whole – no need to cut.
- You need 6 of shallots, slice thinly.
- Prepare 3 of garlics, slice thinly.
- Use 4 cm of galangal/blue ginger, cut and smashed a bit to release the flavour.
- Prepare 3 pcs of Indonesian bay leaves.
- Use of Oil.
Ready with the ingridients? Here are the instructions on serving Sour Spicy Beef Soup (Asem Asem Daging):
- Clean, cut the beef cube or shank. Put in pressure cooker, add 2 litres of water and cook for 15-30 mins (beef shank 15 mins, beef cube 30 mins). Set aside..
- Prepare the rest of the ingredients, wash clean and cut accordingly.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan, stir fry the shallot and garlic until fragrant and turn translucent. Add chillies, bay leaves, galangal. Continue cooking for few more minutes..
- Add the stir fried chillies/shallots/garlics to the beef soup. Turn on the fire again, add sweet soya sauce, brown sugar, salt, pepper, sugar. Add french beans and carrot, cook until soften. Lastly add the green tomatoes and tamarind juice. Cook for a few more minutes. I don’t cook the tomatoes until too soft/mushy..
- Taste, add any seasoning as needed. The soup will be a mixture of sour, spicy, sweet and salty at the same time. So refreshing.
- Serve with warm rice 😋😋.
- For me: at step 4, once I cook the shallots/garlics/chillies in the soup for a few minutes, I will take the chillies out from the soup and put them in separate bowl. Why? Because the longer you cook the chillies, the spicier your soup will be. And as I am cooking for the whole family, I don’t want the soup to be too spicy for my kids. We will add the chillies back before serving in our individual bowl..
It can be totally vegan or very non-vegan. This is my family recipe and we are meat lovers. The title translates "sour and spicy beef soup". Asem-asem buncis represents the perfect harmony of sweet, sour and salty. Its dominant flavor is tamarind, or asem, which also means "sour" in Indonesian – no wonder we call this soup asem-asem!.
A recipe is a good story that ends with a good meal. If you find this site helpful Sharing this web page to your friends is the deal Hope that your Sour Spicy Beef Soup (Asem Asem Daging) makes your day joyful.