Hello guys, welcome back to the most pleasing receipes web page. If you are looking for yummy Tapioca (kappa) cooked with grated coconut recipe, you are now at the perfect place. We only provide excellent Tapioca (kappa) cooked with grated coconut recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to tapioca (kappa) cooked with grated coconut recipe. To cook tapioca (kappa) cooked with grated coconut you only need 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Here are the ingridients that are needed to cook a yummy Tapioca (kappa) cooked with grated coconut:
- You need 750 gms of Tapioca skinned , roughly chopped , washed.
- Take of seasoning.
- Use 1.5 cups of coconut grated.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- Take 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric (optional).
- Prepare 2 – 3 of chilly green.
- Take 3 of chilly dry red.
- You need handful of shallots sliced a.
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of mustard seeds.
- Use 3 cloves of garlic.
- Provide 2 sprigs of curry leaves.
Ready with the ingridients? Below are the steps on cooking Tapioca (kappa) cooked with grated coconut:
- Cook the tapioca in a pot of water. Make sure the water level stands above the level of tapioca. You can check in between with a fork whether its cooked. Add salt after it comes to a boil. Do not reduce the flame much after it boils..
- While it is getting cooked, prepare the seasoning..
- Roughly crush the grated coconut, green chillies, garlic cloves and cumin seeds in a blender (add turmeric too if you prefer it to look yellow). just one quick spin, that's all. Keep aside..
- In a pan, heat oil, splutter mustard seeds. Then add the sliced shallots, a little later dry red chillies and then curry leaves..
- Once the shallots start to turn light brown, add the coconut mix and saute for a few minutes. It should not turn brown. Add a little salt..
- In the meanwhile, once the tapioca is cooked, pour the water out and strain it..
- Add the cooked tapioca to the seasoning and mix well..
- Check for salt..
- Have it served with green chilly/dry red chilly chutney or fish curry or beef curry..
Cooking tips and tricks, chef interviews, and our favorite recipes from the Yummly cooking crew and around the web! Enjoy hassle-free cooking with the Yummly Meal Planner. Kappa puttu is one unique puttu from Kerala Cuisine. It is prepared by grating tapioca ,remove the excess water and then steam cook it along with coconut. Squeeze the grated tapioca and remove the excess water.
A recipe is a nice story that finishes with a good meal. If you find this web site fruitful Sharing this internet site to your families is the deal Wish that your Tapioca (kappa) cooked with grated coconut makes your day cheerful.