What’s up friends, welcome back to the most complete receipes page. If you are searching for interesting Indonesian Sour Soup – Sayur Asem recipe, you are now at the perfect place. We only prepare excellent Indonesian Sour Soup – Sayur Asem recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to indonesian sour soup – sayur asem recipe. You can cook indonesian sour soup – sayur asem using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do that.
Here are the ingridients that are required to prepare a remarkably good Indonesian Sour Soup – Sayur Asem:
- Use 1 handful of dried peanuts.
- Provide 5 of long beans, cut about 4 cm long.
- Provide 1 of medium size chayote, cut cube.
- Take 1 of sweet corn, cut into desired size.
- Use 200 gram of jackfruit.
- Provide leaves of Young melinjo.
- Provide of Ground Spices.
- You need 2 pcs of big red chillies.
- You need 6 of shallots.
- Take 4 of garlics.
- Provide 3 of candlenuts.
- Use of Other ingredients.
- Take 1,5 Litre of water.
- Take of Tamarind paste.
- Provide of Indonesian bayleaves (daun salam).
- Take 5 cm of Galangal, smashed.
- Take of Salt, sugar.
- Use of Chilli padi (optional if you like spicy).
- Take of Mushroom seasoning powder.
Done with the ingridients? Here are the procedures on cooking Indonesian Sour Soup – Sayur Asem:
- Boil water with dried peanuts first as peanut takes the longest to cook, until soft. Peanuts make the soup sweet.
- Meanwhile, prepare all the ingredients for ground spices. Put garlic, shallot, chilli and candlenut in your blender to make a paste..
- After peanut is soft, put the spice paste, bayleaves, smashed galangal, tamarind paste, mushroom seasoning, salt, sugar. Put corn, jackfruits, chayote and cook until soft..
- Lastly put the long beans and young melinjo leaves the last as this vegetable just need a short time to cook. You can also add chilli padi in the soup (whole, no need to cut/mash for extra kick of spiciness).
- Adjust the taste. This soup should taste sour, spicy, with a nice balance of sweet and salty all mix together 😄 so refreshing and healthy too 🤩.
The story goes: during the Dutch Occupation, people in Batavia (the old name for Jakarta) were poor, and had to eat anything on hand. Sayur Asem (Indonesian Tamarind Soup) is a vegetable soup dish that is made with tamarind paste to give sour flavor. The sour flavor also comes from the tomato. Sayur Asem or Sayur Asam means sour vegetables. Sayur Asem (Indonesian Sour Vegetable Soup) Recipe.
A recipe is a good story that finishes with a well done meal. If you find this site fruitful Sharing this site to your friends is the deal Wish that your Indonesian Sour Soup – Sayur Asem turns your day joyful.