Hello friends, back with us in the most excellent receipes internet site. If you are looking for pleasing Creamy Broccoli & Stilton Soup recipe, you are now at the correct place. We only serve excellent Creamy Broccoli & Stilton Soup recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to creamy broccoli & stilton soup recipe. You can have creamy broccoli & stilton soup using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do that.
Below are the ingridients that are required to serve a heavenly Creamy Broccoli & Stilton Soup:
- Prepare 1 head of Broccoli, roughly chopped.
- Use 2 of large Onions, chopped.
- Provide 2 sticks of Celery, in 1 cm slices.
- You need 3 cloves of Garlic, chopped.
- You need 2 of Potatoes, diced.
- Prepare 1 of Leek, in 1 cm slices.
- Take 1 3/4 litres of Ham stock. I used ham stock from a large gammon joint cooked the previous day but, if homemade stock isn’t available, good quality stock cubes work fine.
- Use of Oil.
- Provide of Butter, preferably unsalted.
- You need of Ground black pepper.
- Provide of Crème Fraîche.
- Provide 200-250 g of Stilton cheese.
Done with the ingridients? Here are the instructions on preparing Creamy Broccoli & Stilton Soup:
- Heat the oil in a stockpot or very large saucepan. Add the onions and gently fry for two minutes, resisting the temptation to stir unless the onions appear to be sticking. If so, add a splash of water..
- Add the garlic, stir and fry another minute..
- Add the celery and leeks and a generous knob of butter. Stir to ensure all the veg are coated with a little oil/butter and continue to fry gently for another three minutes..
- Add the potatoes and any well-chopped broccoli stalks, stir and then add the stock. Stir well and then add the rest of the broccoli. Cover and bring to the boil..
- Reduce the heat, stir well and leave on a medium simmer for 25 minutes or until the vegetables are softened..
- Stir, taste and season with pepper but not salt. Remove from heat..
- In batches, whizz in a blender to a smooth consistency. Transfer to a saucepan and reheat..
- Crumble the Stilton cheese into the hot soup and give it all a good stir until it has melted..
- Serve piping hot with a small dollop of crème fraîche per individual bowl. Accompany with granary bread or crusty roll. Not too much soup or bread if the soup is just a starter as this soup is fairly filling..
This post may contain affiliate links. Made with ricotta and finished with lemon breadcrumbs. Tools used to make this Creamy Broccoli and Mushroom Chicken recipe. Knives: A good set of kitchen knives is essential for any cook. Broccoli — Broccoli is a popular type of cruciferous vegetable that contains isothiocyanates, sulforaphanes and indoles, all of which are strong antioxidants and stimulators of detoxifying enzymes.
A recipe is a good story that ends with a enjoyable meal. If you find this site helpful Sharing this web site to your mates is the deal Wish that your Creamy Broccoli & Stilton Soup turns your day cheerful.