What’s up friends, welcome back to the most perfect receipes page. If you are searching for tasty Sig's German Pea Soup recipe, you are now at the perfect place. We only provide excellent Sig's German Pea Soup recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sig's german pea soup recipe. You can cook sig's german pea soup using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Below are the ingridients that are needed to make a remarkably good Sig's German Pea Soup:
- Get 2 of small smoked bacon chops.
- Get 2 of best kielbasa sausages (they are the closest I can get to what I want).
- Take 1/2 of small rack of ribs, meaty and fat (or a very small leg of pork bone in).
- Use 3 of springonions.
- Take 1 of large shallot.
- You need 1 of small leek.
- Take 2 of garlic cloves.
- You need 1-2 of vegetable stock cube.
- Get 500 ml of water.
- Provide 4 cans of marrow fat peas, or dried, overnight soaked marrow fat peas.In total about 750 grams soaked weight.
- You need 500 grams of salad potatoes, ready cooked and cut into quarters or chunks.
- Use 4 of Hot dog sausages.
- Take 2 slices of bread for croutons.
- Use 2 tbsp of rapeseed oil for toasting croutons.
- You need 1/2 tsp of chervil for sprinkling over croutons.
- Take 4-5 drops of Maggi liquid seasoning.
Ready with the ingridients? Below are the instructions on preparing Sig's German Pea Soup:
- First chop the bacon chops into small cubes or by ready chopped ones. Chop the spring onions, the shallots, the leek and the garlic into small cubes also. Put all into a small frying pan and cook until the bacon is browned of,but the onions not burned..
- First brown your meat off (add extra if you feel that there is not enough meat) in a pan then in a pot with the water put the meat and kielbasa sausage, bring to boil then add all the fried ingredients and a stock cube or two depending on liking,.
- Boil until the meat is well cooked. Remove about half of the bacon chop, onions and other bits (set aside)and the meat and kielbasa.Take the meat of the bone, and chop the kielbasa sausage, put them back in the pot.
- Now add the drained and rinsed peas and puree everything until you get a semi smooth soup, keep this to simmer on a low heat for about 15 minutes, make sure that I'd does not set to the bottom of the pan, if you need to add a little more water do so..
- Add your chopped potatoes and the set aside bacon, onion and bigger bits and heat the through..
- In the meantime make your croutons, add a little oil into a hot pan ad your cubed bread sprinkle with seasoning if you like and or herbs, they should be nice and crispy but not burned.
- About ten minutes before serving add your hot dogs.
- Season with the maggi liquid seasoning then sprinkle the croutons over the cooked soup.
What distinguishes this pea soup is the addition of condensed beef broth which makes it much more substantial. It's definitely the main attraction and not merely the first course. After the soup is the consistency you like (I like my peas completely dissolved), remove ham hock. This is a list of German soups. German cuisine has evolved as a national cuisine through centuries of social and political change with variations from region to region.
A recipe is a nice story that finishes with a good meal. If you find this page helpful Sharing this web site to your buddies is the deal Hope that your Sig's German Pea Soup makes your day joyful.