Hello friends, welcome back to the most excellent receipes internet site. If you are looking for best Chickpea and Spinach Curry #newyearnewyou recipe, you are now at the best place. We only prepare excellent Chickpea and Spinach Curry #newyearnewyou recipe which will make your dish like a professional chef’s.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chickpea and spinach curry #newyearnewyou recipe. You can cook chickpea and spinach curry #newyearnewyou using 21 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Below are the ingridients that are needed to cook a heavenly Chickpea and Spinach Curry #newyearnewyou:
- You need 2 tins of chickpeas, drained and rinsed.
- Get 1 tin of plum tomatoes.
- You need 6 blocks of frozen chopped spinach (defrosted and squeezed to release excess water) or 2 large handfuls fresh spinach, torn into pieces.
- You need 1 tsp of yellow mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Nigella seeds.
- Use 1 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- Provide 1/2 of Cinnamon stick.
- You need 4 of Cardamom pods, lightly crushed.
- Use 1 tsp of ground Coriander.
- Get 2 tsp of ground Cumin.
- Take 1/2 tsp of Tumeric.
- Use 1/2 tsp of ground Ginger.
- Take 3 of fat cloves Garlic, crushed.
- Get 2 of onions, thinly sliced.
- Provide of Rapeseed oil.
- Provide of Salt and black Pepper.
- Provide of To serve:.
- Prepare 100 g of Plain Yoghurt.
- You need 1 tsp of Mint Sauce.
- Take of Naan Breads (I cheated and bought some!).
- Provide of Chutneys, I love Lime Pickle and Aubergine Chutney.
Done with the ingridients? Here are the instructions on cooking Chickpea and Spinach Curry #newyearnewyou:
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. When the oil is hot add the Cumin seeds, Nigella seeds, Cinnamon stick, Cardamom pods and Yellow mustard seeds. Stir and allow spices to release their fragrance for about 30 seconds. They will start to pop!.
- Add the onions and fry until a deep golden brown and caramelised. Add the crushed Garlic and cook gently for a minute. Stir occasionally to prevent the Garlic from browning..
- Add the ground spices, stir, then add the Plum Tomatoes and break them up into pieces..
- Add the drained Chickpeas, give them a good stir to coat in all of the spices and tomatoes. Add about half a tin of water to loosen. Bring to the boil, cover and then turn down to a simmer for about 15 minutes. Check every now and then to make sure the Chickpeas don't dry out. Add a splash more water if needed..
- Once the curry is a lovely thick, saucy consistency check the seasoning and add some salt and black pepper to taste. Then add the spinach, give it a good stir and cook for a few minutes. If using fresh Spinach allow it to just wilt and then serve..
- Serve with your favourite Naan breads, Chapatis or rice with a serving of Mint Yoghurt (blend the Yoghurt and Mint Sauce together) and some lovely chutneys. I love Aubergine Chutney and Lime Pickle..
- A lovey addition is a few crispy onions. Finely sliced onion, squeezed dry in kitchen paper and then deep-fried in hot Rapeseed oil for a few.
- Minutes, until crisp and golden brown and then drained on Kitchen paper to blot off the excess oil. I often make a batch to keep in the ‘fridge to top various meals and add extra crunch and Umami flavour..
You can top with a dollop of low-fat plain yogurt to contrast the earthy spices. The chickpeas provide filling plant-based protein, and spinach, sweet potatoes and tinned tomatoes provide several portions of your five-a-day. How To Make Vegan Chickpea, Sweet Potato And Spinach Curry: (For ingredients and full instructions see the recipe card below). A quick delicious Indian-style curry with spinach, chickpeas, onions, and/or whatever veggies you have. I have added cauliflower, potatoes, and sweet potatoes to this recipe in the past.
A recipe is a good story that ends with a delicious meal. If you find this page fruitful Sharing this web page to your friends is the deal Hope that your Chickpea and Spinach Curry #newyearnewyou turns your day cheerful.