Hi buddy, welcome back to the most perfect receipes internet site. If you are looking for complete Vietnamese beef stew (Bo Kho) recipe, you are now at the best place. We only provide excellent Vietnamese beef stew (Bo Kho) recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to vietnamese beef stew (bo kho) recipe. You can cook vietnamese beef stew (bo kho) using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do it.
Here are the ingridients that are needed to cook a perfect Vietnamese beef stew (Bo Kho):
- Take 500 g of beef cubes (preferably the one with some marbling).
- Provide 2 tsp of tsp sugar.
- Use 1/2 tsp of chicken stock powder (can be skipped).
- Use 1 tsp of five spice.
- Provide 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Provide 1/2 tbsp of grated ginger.
- Provide 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 2-3 stalk of lemongrass (smashed and cut into 2-3 pieces).
- Get 2-3 of star anise.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder (or 1 stick).
- You need 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Provide 170 ml of (1/2 a can) coconut water.
- Provide 3-4 of carrots (cut to chunks).
- Take 2 cups of water/beef stock.
- Take 1/4 tsp of pepper (or to your liking).
- Use 1 tbsp of oyster sauce (optional).
- You need 2 tbsp of oil.
Done with the ingridients? Here are the steps on producing Vietnamese beef stew (Bo Kho):
- Marinate beef with sugar, ginger, (half portion of the garlic), soy sauce, 5 spice, pepper, and chicken powder. Marinate for at least 20 mins (longer is better)..
- Heat the oil on the wok or frying pan. Stir in star anise, lemongrass, the remaining portion of garlic, and cinnamon stick/powder until aromatic..
- Stir in beef cubes and brown the beef..
- Transfer the beef to pressure cooker or casserole pan (or any sauce pan that has thick bottom). Add in tomato paste, coconut water and beef stock..
- If using pressure cooker, cook for 20 mins. If using normal stove, bring the stock to boil, cover and reduced to low-medium heat, cook until meat is tender (maybe 40-60 mins)..
- Stir in the carrots, cook until carrots are tender. Taste and adjust the flavour. Add oyster sauce for a richer taste (this step is optional). Turn off the heat, the beef stew is now ready to serve!.
Remove bay leaf, lemongrass and star anise before serving with cilantro and Thai basil. Taste great with steam rice or French bread. If you love beef stew, you definitely need to check out this Bo Kho recipe – this Vietnamese beef stew has all the flavors of a traditional beef stew with additional aromatics from lemongrass and star anise to give it another dimension of flavor. Vietnamese Beef Stew, or Bò Kho, was one of the very first dishes my mother-in-law taught me to cook after seeing the disastrous results when left on my own. My first attempt at Bò Kho resulted in an impenetrable thick stew with chewy, borderline inedible, meat.
A recipe is a nice story that finishes with a well done meal. If you find this web site helpful Sharing this web site to your mates is the deal Hope that your Vietnamese beef stew (Bo Kho) turns your day joyful.