Hi people, welcome back to the most complete receipes web page. If you are looking for best Mac and Cheese with Potato Skin recipe, you are now at the perfect place. We only prepare excellent Mac and Cheese with Potato Skin recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mac and cheese with potato skin recipe. You can cook mac and cheese with potato skin using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Below are the ingridients that are needed to make a perfect Mac and Cheese with Potato Skin:
- Provide 680 g of baby golden potatoes.
- Prepare 2 Tbs of vegetable oil – divided.
- Prepare 450 g of elbow macaroni.
- Get 3 Tbs of butter.
- Provide 1 Tbs of flour.
- Get 2 1/2 C of milk.
- Provide 1 C of sour cream.
- Provide 600 g of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Get 285 g of cream cheese – divided.
- Prepare 1 C of chopped green onion.
- Get of Cayenne pepper.
- Use of Salt and peper.
Ready with the ingridients? Below are the instructions on producing Mac and Cheese with Potato Skin:
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of oil. Salt and pepper liberally and shake the pan a little to coat them with oil. Roast for 30 minutes, or until cooked through. Then set aside to cool..
- Meanwhile, cook the macaroni in a large pot of salted water, according to package instructions. Drain and set aside in a colander..
- Using the same pot, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Once melted whisk in the flour and cook the roux (butter-flour mixture) for 1 minute. Then whisk in the milk and add the sour cream and 8 ounces cream cheese. Bring to a simmer and whisk until the mixture is thick and smooth. Add 450 g shredded cheddar and whisk until smooth. Then add a dash or two of cayenne pepper and salt and pepper to taste..
- Pour the cooked macaroni, 2/3 cup crumbled bacon, and 2/3 cup green onions into the cheese sauce. Stir to coat. Pour the macaroni into a 9×13-inch baking dish and set aside..
- For the Potato Skins:.
- Preheat the oven to Broil. Cut each potato in half lengthwise. carefully scoop of most of the flesh, leaving just a little potato attached to the skin. Reserve the crumbled potato flesh..
- Brush the potato skins with oil. With the remaining 2 ounces of cream cheese, place a scant 1/2 tsp dollop of cream cheese in each potato skin..
- Sprinkle the crumbled potato over the mac and cheese. Then arrange the potato skins over the top. Sprinkle the remaining shredded cheddar over the potato skins and add pepper to taste..
- For creamy baked mac and cheese, place the baked mac and cheese in the oven under the broiler for 2-3 minutes, watch carefully. You want the cheese to melt and the tops to toast, but not burn. For more a traditional "firm" baked mac and cheese recipe, turn the oven to 400 degrees, and bake for 20 minutes until the tops are golden. Once out of the oven, sprinkle the remaining green onions and bacon over the top and serve warm..
A recipe is a good story that finishes with a enjoyable meal. If you find this internet site useful Sharing this page to your buddies is the deal Hope that your Mac and Cheese with Potato Skin turns your day joyful.