What’s up friends, back with us in the most interesting receipes page. If you are searching for best Spelt flatbreads with za’atar – vegetarian recipe, you are now at the best place. We only prepare excellent Spelt flatbreads with za’atar – vegetarian recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to spelt flatbreads with za’atar – vegetarian recipe. You can cook spelt flatbreads with za’atar – vegetarian using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Below are the ingridients that are required to serve a heavenly Spelt flatbreads with za’atar – vegetarian:
- You need 2 cups of spelt flour – you may need more; + some more for the kneading and rolling.
- Use 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Use 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of natural yogurt.
- You need of some olive oil.
- Get 1/2 cup of za’atar.
- Provide 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- Provide of Juice half lemon.
- Use of Sesame seeds.
Ready with the ingridients? Here are the instructions on producing Spelt flatbreads with za’atar – vegetarian:
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a big bowl..
- Add the yogurt and mix together until it starts to make a dough. Depending on the flour you use, you may need to add more so it’s not too wet..
- Lightly flour a surface. Turn the dough out onto the surface. Knead til the dough starts to feel elastic – depending on your enthusiasm this may take 5 -10 mins 😁.
- Put the dough back in the bowl, cover with clingfilm and rest for 30 mins or more in a warm place..
- Preheat the oven to 150C if you’re going to serve the flatbreads immediately..
- Combine the za’atar, lemon juice and the oil in a bowl..
- When the dough is ready, flour a surface again. Divide the dough into 6 pieces and flatten with a rolling pin into circles or ovals that are about 3-5 mm deep..
- Brush the flatbreads with a little bit of olive oil. Heat a frying pan to a medium heat. Pop one of the pieces of dough in and fry for 2 mins or so on one side til it starts to ’bubble’. Flip and do the same on the other until they start to turn golden brown. Set aside and repeat for all the other pieces..
- Place the flatbreads on lined baking trays – i had to use two trays. Spread the flatbreads with 1 tbsp or so of the za’atar mix and pop in the oven for about 5 mins. I sprinkled a few sesame seeds on top too..
- That’s it! Serve with mezze, salads, whatever you like!.
El mundo means the world in spanish. Today's recipe we will be tasting an amazing Lebanese flatbread with za'atar or it's also famously. The zesty za'atar topping adds an interesting flavour to these middle Eastern style flatbreads. Serve them with a hummus dip, a hearty soup or simply cut into chunks with a bowl of black olives and chopped tomatoes. Za'atar is a pungent herb native to the Middle East that tastes like a cross between oregano and thyme.
A recipe is a nice story that ends with a enjoyable meal. If you find this page useful Sharing this internet site to your friends is the deal Wish that your Spelt flatbreads with za’atar – vegetarian turns your day cheerful.