Hi buddy, back with us in the most excellent receipes page. If you are searching for tasty Tamarind rice recipe, you are now at the right place. We only serve excellent Tamarind rice recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to tamarind rice recipe. To make tamarind rice you need 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Here are the ingridients that are needed to produce a appetizing Tamarind rice:
- Provide 1 of lemon sized ball of tamarind.
- You need 2 tbsp of oil.
- Get 1/2 tsp of black mustard seeds.
- Take 1 tsp of chana dal.
- You need 1 tbsp of raw unsalted peanuts.
- Get 1/2 cup of finely chopped onions (optional).
- Take 1/2 cup of finely chopped onions (optional).
- Get 4 cups of cooked rice.
- Take to taste of Salt.
Done with the ingridients? Below are the sequences on cooking Tamarind rice:
- Soak the tamarind in 3/4 cup warm water for 10 minutes,Extract juice of tamarind with fingers and discard any seeds and pulp that remains..
- Heat the oil in a wide pan and add the mustard seeds, chana dal, and peanuts.
- Let the mustard seeds pop and the peanuts and dal roast to a light golden brown. Then add the curry leaves, red chillies, hing, and onions.
- Let these ingredients roast for 2-3 minutes or until the onions are cooked.
- Add the tamarind extract and bring to boil.
- Add salt and let the mixture boil until it thickens a bit.
- Add cooked rice and mix well. Adjust salt if needed..
Tamarind rice recipe – One of the best, delicious South Indian rice preparations. I have dry roasted the spices and ground to make fresh masala powder and used in making this rice. Puliyogare / tamarind rice recipe with pulikachal. Check out my puli sadam with garlic too. The tamarind rice even can be carried when you are in travel, it will keep good for long time.
A recipe is a good story that finishes with a good meal. If you find this page helpful Sharing this site to your mates is the deal Wish that your Tamarind rice makes your day joyful.