Hi people, back with us in the most pleasing receipes internet site. If you are searching for delicious Chicken and Prawn Curry with Tamarind recipe, you are now at the correct place. We only serve excellent Chicken and Prawn Curry with Tamarind recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken and prawn curry with tamarind recipe. You can have chicken and prawn curry with tamarind using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Below are the ingridients that are required to prepare a appetizing Chicken and Prawn Curry with Tamarind:
- Get 6 of chicken breasts, cubed.
- Get 1 kg of large prawns, shelled and deveined.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of oil – I use sunflower oil when making a curry.
- Use 1 of medium onion, finely chopped.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Provide 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Use 6 of whole peppercorns.
- Prepare 4 of cloves.
- Provide 6 of curry leaves.
- Get 1 of bay leaf.
- Provide 1 tbsp of (heaped) ginger, garlic, chilli paste.
- Get 1 tbsp of curry powder (more can be added as per your preference).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of tumeric powder (hurdee/ haldi).
- Get 3 of large tomatoes, grated (discard skins).
- Take 1 tbsp of corriander powder.
- Use 1 cup of tamarind "sauce" about 15 – 20 grms dissolved in a cup of warm water then strained & discarded the seeds & pulp. May be substited with about a tablespoonful of lemon juice. Note: tamarind gives an amazing flavour and thickens the gravy.
- Provide 1 bunch of fresh corriander, chopped.
Done with the ingridients? Here are the sequences on preparing Chicken and Prawn Curry with Tamarind:
- Slightly heat oil in a pan then add in the cumin, mustard seeds, cloves, peppercorns and onion..
- Sautè until onion changes colour to a light golden brown..
- Add in curry leaves and bay leaf..
- Mix in ginger, garlic and chilli paste. Followed by curry powder and tumeric powder..
- Add grated tomato and allow to cook through..
- Mix in the corriander powder..
- Once cooked, add in tamarind sauce and allow to simmer for a few moments..
- Mix in chopped corriander..
- Place cubed chicken into gravy. When almost done, add in the prawns and allow to cook through..
- Serve with basmati or other rice of choice..
Bring the flavours of south India to your kitchen with this mouth-watering fish curry. Flavouring it with tamarind gives it an extra kick. A quick and easy Chicken, Date & Tamarind Curry recipe, from our authentic Indian cuisine collection. Find brilliant recipe ideas and cooking tips at Gousto. This Chicken curry is my mum-in-law's speciality.
A recipe is a nice story that ends with a enjoyable meal. If you find this web page fruitful Sharing this web page to your buddies is the deal Hope that your Chicken and Prawn Curry with Tamarind turns your day cheerful.