What’s up guys, back with us in the most interesting receipes blog. If you are looking for excellent Old fashioned apple cake recipe, you are now at the right place. We only provide excellent Old fashioned apple cake recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to old fashioned apple cake recipe. To make old fashioned apple cake you only need 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Here are the ingridients that are needed to cook a heavenly Old fashioned apple cake:
- Get of For the cake:.
- Provide 280 g (2 1/3 cup) of plain flour.
- Take 200 g (1 cup) of caster sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of bicarbonate of soda.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of fine salt.
- Provide 1 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Get 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground or grated nutmeg.
- You need 2 of large eggs.
- Get 115 g (1 stick) of butter, softened.
- You need 400 g (1 pound) of cooking Bramley apples, peeled, cored and diced.
- Prepare 100 g (1/2 cup) of sultanas or raisins.
- Get of For the frosting:.
- You need 50 g (3 1/2 tbsp.) of butter.
- Take 70 g (5 tbsp.) of brown sugar.
- Use 1/4 tsp of fine salt.
- Provide 30 ml (3 tbsp.) of milk.
- Use 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
Ready with the ingridients? Below are the procedures on producing Old fashioned apple cake:
- Butter and flour or line with parchment a round 23cm (10in) springform cake tin..
- Place the diced apples and raisins in a large bowl and pour over the brown sugar. Let them sit for 30 minutes until they release some juice..
- Beat the other ingredients thoroughly together until smooth in another bowl..
- When the half an hour’s passed, add the cake mix to the apples and mix until combined..
- Transfer the batter to the tin and smooth the surface with a spatula..
- Bake for 50-55 minutes until a skewer inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean..
- Remove from the oven and cool in the tin..
- To make the frosting, melt the sugar and butter in a small pan until dissolved. Add the salt, pour in the milk and the vanilla extract and bring to the boil. Take it off the heat and beat the icing sugar into the mix until smooth..
- Spread on the cooled cake and let it set before removing the cake from the tin..
When I say old fashioned, that's exactly what I mean. Made from scratch using simple ingredients just like your grandmother would have made. Especially at this time of year, this apple upside down cake is one of those recipes that you make when "there's nothing in the house". A good, old-fashioned glazed apple cake! It's made with a TON of fresh apples, butter, cinnamon, brown sugar, buttermilk… *singing This glazed apple cake is as old-fashioned as it gets.
A recipe is a nice story that finishes with a good meal. If you find this site useful Sharing this site to your friends is the deal Wish that your Old fashioned apple cake turns your day cheerful.