Hello friends, welcome back to the most interesting receipes blog. If you are looking for excellent Smoked Salmon Chowder recipe, you are now at the best place. We only serve excellent Smoked Salmon Chowder recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to smoked salmon chowder recipe. To cook smoked salmon chowder you need 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do it.
Here are the ingridients that are required to prepare a perfect Smoked Salmon Chowder:
- Use 3-4 tablespoons of butter.
- Get 1 of medium onion diced (about 2 cups).
- You need 3-4 of celery stalks diced (about 2 cups).
- Provide 4-5 of carrots pealed and diced (about 2 cups).
- Use 1/2 cup of white wine.
- Get 6-7 of new potatoes washed and diced (I used red potatoes instead).
- Get 1 1/2 tsp of dried thyme (I used poultry seasoning).
- Take 4 cups of broth (I used chicken, can use vegetable).
- Get 4 slices of bacon (optional).
- You need 2 cups of milk.
- Take 1 Tbsp of flour.
- You need 1 cup of cream.
- Provide 12-16 ounces of smoked salmon (I used hot smoked salmon).
Done with the ingridients? Here are the procedures on serving Smoked Salmon Chowder:
- Heat the butter in a large pan over medium high heat. Add the onion, carrots, and celery. Saute until fragrant and soft. Add the white wine to deglaze the pan and get all those yummy browned bits up in the mix.
- Add the potatoes, thyme, and 2 cups of the broth. Simmer until the potatoes are fork tender. Whisk the flour into the milk and add to the pan (this helps it thicken up a little bit – more flour = more thickening). Add 1 cup of broth and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until the soup starts thickening just slightly. This is when I added the bacon..
- Add the cream and smoked salmon just before serving. If you let the salmon simmer with the soup for too long, it will get mushy. Taste, adjust, and add the last cup of broth to thin out the consistency of the soup as desired. Season with salt and pepper..
- As a note, the chowder was much tastier the next day! I ate some right after making it, it was a little too fishy for my liking, but as leftovers, that fishiness was completely gone!!.
It is thickened by way of crushed crackers or biscuits or by using a roux. A roux is a mixture of fat and liquid and it is used to thicken soups or stews. Since we do a lot of fishing, we often have salmon here. Description This Smoked Salmon Chowder is like a hug in a bowl. So cozy and comforting with butter, onions, carrots, thyme, white wine, potatoes, and smoked salmon.
A recipe is a nice story that ends with a well done meal. If you find this site useful Sharing this site to your friends is the deal Hope that your Smoked Salmon Chowder makes your day cheerful.