Hi people, back with us in the most complete receipes blog. If you are searching for yummy Andouille Sausage Quiche recipe, you are now at the right place. We only serve excellent Andouille Sausage Quiche recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to andouille sausage quiche recipe. To cook andouille sausage quiche you only need 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Here are the ingridients that are required to serve a delicious Andouille Sausage Quiche:
- Take 2 tsp of olive oil.
- Get 1 cup of andouille sausage – chopped to 1/4" pieces.
- Provide 1/2 small of yellow onion – finely diced.
- Provide 1 cup of frozen chopped collard greens or spinach (measured while frozen) – thawed, drained and squeezed to remove moisture.
- Use 1/2 of – 1 teaspoon blackened season (your fave or see my attached recipe).
- Prepare 6 large of eggs.
- Get 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- Take 1/2 cup of shredded swiss cheese.
- You need 1 of frozen pie crust – thawed (or rolled refrigerated crust).
- Provide of salt and pepper (optional, I add none).
Ready with the ingridients? Here are the steps on serving Andouille Sausage Quiche:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. If you are using a frozen pie shell set out to thaw. If you are using refrigerated, grease a 9" deep dish pie plate, unroll crust and gently press into plate to fit. Set aside..
- Heat a medium skillet over medium high heat. When hot, add olive oil and chopped andouille sausage. Saute until sausage begins to Brown and crisp slightly, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium, add onion and continue to saute until translucent, stirring occasionally. About 10 minutes total..
- Add collards/spinach to pan, cooking to evaporate any remaining moisture, stirring frequently, only about 2 minutes more. Sprinkle desired amount of blackened seasoning over mixture, stir to coat completely, turn off heat and set aside to cool. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/361433-blacken-your-soul-seasoning.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs and heavy cream until well blended, adding salt and pepper if desired (I actually don't feel the need in this dish). Gently stir in shredded cheeses and then cooled sausage mixture to fully incorporate..
- Pour filling into prepared pie crust, distributing solids evenly. Pop in the oven and bake 30 – 40 minutes, or until center is just set. Mine took 35 min..
- When done, remove from oven, let rest 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with a side salad or home fries and enjoy..
- NOTE: From the time you measure your collards or spinach to the time they are cooked down in the mix they will reduce drastically. No worries, it's enough for what we need. ;).
Andouille sausage, a classical Louisiana smoked sausage made with coarsely ground or My goal was to imitate the quite tasty Jacob's Andouille sausage which I happened to try some time ago. Andouille Sausage adds delicious Cajun flavor to all your favorite sausage recipes. Andouille is French in origin, but has also been brought to Louisiana by French or German immigrants. Andouille sausage is the soul of New Orleans Creole cooking. It is spicy, garlicky, and smoky.
A recipe is a nice story that ends with a delicious meal. If you find this site fruitful Sharing this web page to your buddies is the deal Wish that your Andouille Sausage Quiche makes your day joyful.