What’s up friends, welcome back to the most perfect receipes page. If you are looking for interesting Squid Daikon for Japanese-Style Bentos recipe, you are now at the perfect place. We only provide excellent Squid Daikon for Japanese-Style Bentos recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to squid daikon for japanese-style bentos recipe. You can have squid daikon for japanese-style bentos using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Here are the ingridients that are needed to prepare a tasty Squid Daikon for Japanese-Style Bentos:
- Get of The main ingredients:.
- Provide 1 of tube Squid.
- Provide 1/4 of Daikon radish.
- Take 1 dash of Fresh ginger (julienned).
- Take of For the simmering sauce:.
- Provide 2 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of plus 1 more tablespoon for finish Mirin.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Sake.
- Get 1 tsp of Soft light brown sugar.
- Get 200 ml of Water.
Ready with the ingridients? Below are the steps on serving Squid Daikon for Japanese-Style Bentos:
- Squid Daikon. These are all the ingredients you need. First, let's make the squid taste good and look good for putting into a bento..
- Score the squid with a diamond pattern, then cut into easy-to-eat sized pieces. Sprinkle with a little sake (not listed in the ingredients)..
- Daikon. Peel and cut into bite sized chunks. Add about 2 tablespoons of water (not listed in the ingredients) and cover with plastic wrap. Microwave for 5 minutes, turn the dish, and microwave for an additional 5 minutes..
- And then, because we want to get a nice, light texture, boil just a little more until soft..
- Simmering sauce: Put all the sauce ingredients but the water into a small pan and bring to a rapid boil. Add the squid, and boil on high for 1 minute..
- Take out the squid. Add the daikon (drained) and one cup of water..
- Bring to a rapid boil again. Much of the liquid will evaporate as it simmers. Continue boiling until only about 1/4 of the liquid remains. Then add the squid back in, along with the ginger and the last tablespoon of mirin..
- Continue boiling on high. It's done when the liquid has mostly simmered away. The surface should have a slight sheen. It's good to eat now, as is..
- But we're making this for bento. The squid is going to get dried out….
- Dissolve a little katakuriko in 50 ml of water (not listed). Put this in the pan with the squid and daikon, and quickly heat one more time. Cool as is, without discarding the liquid, and it's done!.
A recipe is a good story that ends with a appetizing meal. If you find this page helpful Sharing this site to your families is the deal Wish that your Squid Daikon for Japanese-Style Bentos turns your day joyful.