Hi buddy, back with us in the most complete receipes blog. If you are searching for best Leek and celery soup with spiced onions recipe, you are now at the perfect place. We only serve excellent Leek and celery soup with spiced onions recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to leek and celery soup with spiced onions recipe. You can have leek and celery soup with spiced onions using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Below are the ingridients that are needed to produce a remarkably good Leek and celery soup with spiced onions:
- You need 1 of large onion, peeled and sliced.
- Provide of butter and olive oil.
- Provide 1 of head of celery, washed, trimmed and sliced.
- Take 3 of leeks, trimmed, sliced, and soaked in water to remove any grit.
- Get 2 1/2 pints of chicken or vegetable stock.
- Get 1 of medium potato, peeled and cut into chunks.
- Provide of salt and black pepper.
- Use of Greek yogurt, lemon juice, and crispy onions, to serve.
- Use of For the onion topping:.
- Get 2 of onions, very finely sliced.
- Provide 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Provide 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
Done with the ingridients? Below are the procedures on preparing Leek and celery soup with spiced onions:
- Fry the sliced onion and celery in a large, deep pan with a knob of butter and a good glug of olive oil, until the onion is starting to soften..
- Add the leeks and potato, pour in the stock, cover the pan with the lid and simmer on a low heat for about 25-30 minutes until everything is very soft. Puree the soup with a stick blender or in a food processor until smooth, adding a little boiled water to thin if necessary. Add salt and black pepper to taste..
- To make the crispy onions, heat some light olive oil or vegetable oil in a large frying pan and add the sliced onion, fry, stirring, until just starting to brown and crisp up. Add the spices and salt and pepper, and fry for another minute or two, then add a knob of butter and stir it in as it melts. Remove from the heat..
- Reheat the soup and serve in warmed bowls, topped with a spoonful of Greek yogurt, a squeeze of lemon juice and some crispy onions..
Yukon gold potatoes will produce an especially creamy texture. A chicken stock based soup made with a mirepoix of carrot, onion and celery, and cooked with sliced leeks, cabbage, potatoes Chop up the carrots, onion, celery, and garlic and set those aside. By the way, if you don't have leeks and want to make this. For a more "refined" meal, puree the soup in a food processor or blender until smooth, and gently reheat it. Potato leek soup is simple to make, the mild flavors of leeks and the potatoes compliment each other so well.
A recipe is a good story that ends with a well done meal. If you find this web site useful Sharing this site to your families is the deal Hope that your Leek and celery soup with spiced onions makes your day joyful.