What’s up buddy, welcome back to the most pleasing receipes site. If you are searching for complete Caldo Verde com Chouriço (Portuguese Collard Green Soup) recipe, you are now at the perfect place. We only provide excellent Caldo Verde com Chouriço (Portuguese Collard Green Soup) recipe which will make your dish like a professional chef’s.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to caldo verde com chouriço (portuguese collard green soup) recipe. You can cook caldo verde com chouriço (portuguese collard green soup) using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Below are the ingridients that are required to make a yummy Caldo Verde com Chouriço (Portuguese Collard Green Soup):
- Provide 2 tbs of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of chouriço,linguiça or Spanish chorizo sliced in 1/4 inch rounds.
- Take 1 of large onion, diced.
- You need to taste of Salt and white pepper,.
- Get 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 6 of large potatoes, peeled and chopped.
- Use 4 cups of chicken stock AND 3 cups of water.
- Provide 1 pound of (medium bunch) collard greens or kale, sliced thin *****.
Done with the ingridients? Here are the sequences on producing Caldo Verde com Chouriço (Portuguese Collard Green Soup):
- In a large pot, add your olive oil and brown the chouriço on medium heat. Allow the fat from the sausage to really come out as this helps flavour the soup. Once done, remove chouriço with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the onions and cook until translucent, then add your garlic. Stir to combine.
- Add your raw potatoes to the pot, stir then add your water and chicken broth. Bring everything to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Using a wand blender, puree the soup to a smooth consistency. You want it mostly smooth but a few SMALL potato pieces are fine..
- Season with salt and pepper to your taste. Add your collard greens (or kale) and your choiriço back to the pot and bring back up to just a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer for 3-5 min.
- Serve with bread if desired.
- ** note: remember to remove the stem from your greens.
Caldo verde recipe, Portuguese Caldo Verde, Portuguese kale soup recipe, Portuguese green soup. Sometimes Caldo Verde is mistaken for another classic known as "Kale Soup" which is very popular in the New England. The Kale version uses cubed potatoes, chopped chourico, tomatoes. This delicious soup comes from the North-Western region of Portugal, Minho. Caldo Verde's rich flavour results from combining a strong green cabbage (collard greens) with potatoes and boiled chouriço.
A recipe is a nice story that finishes with a enjoyable meal. If you find this internet site useful Sharing this page to your friends is the deal Wish that your Caldo Verde com Chouriço (Portuguese Collard Green Soup) makes your day cheerful.