Greetings to everyone out there, welcome back to the most excellent receipes web site. If you are searching for best My Southern Collard Greens recipe, you are now at the best place. We only serve excellent My Southern Collard Greens recipe which will make your dish like a professional chef’s.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to my southern collard greens recipe. You can cook my southern collard greens using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you do it.
Here are the ingridients that are required to make a delicious My Southern Collard Greens:
- Use 1 lb of Fresh or canned collard greens.
- You need 4 slices of bacon.
- Get 2 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 1 of medium yellow onion (chopped).
- Take 4 of garlic cloves (minced).
- Provide 1-2 cups of chicken broth or 2 tbsp chicken soup base.
- Get 1 1/2 tsp of brown sugar.
- Take Pinch of salt (optional).
- Use to taste of Black pepper.
- Take 1 tsp of butter.
Done with the ingridients? Here are the steps on preparing My Southern Collard Greens:
- Cook the bacon on medium heat until it begins to crisp up. Once it does, remove it from the skillet and chop into bite-sized pieces..
- Add olive oil and onion, fry it for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently until softened. Afterwards add the garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds before adding in the collard greens..
- After you stir the greens together with the onions and garlic, add in the chicken broth or soup base, brown sugar, salt, pepper and stir well, reduce heat to low and simmer for 90 minutes until the collard greens are tender. Ya'll they're so good. You'll end up eating the whole pan like I do.😎.
Southern Collard Greens, that delicious green vegetable served year round in most Southern households. It's the mainstay side dish of most every New Years Day meal. Why then, would collard greens be the first recipe on a brand new website? Let's just call it a little…. Southern Collard Greens Recipe simmered with smoked turkey wings, green and red peppers, onions, garlic, white vinegar, red pepper flakes make this dish so tasty.
A recipe is a nice story that finishes with a appetizing meal. If you find this web site fruitful Sharing this web page to your friends is the deal Wish that your My Southern Collard Greens makes your day cheerful.