Hi buddy, welcome back to the most complete receipes page. If you are searching for excellent Sig's Celeriac Soup with Leeks and Stilton Cheese recipe, you are now at the right place. We only provide excellent Sig's Celeriac Soup with Leeks and Stilton Cheese recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sig's celeriac soup with leeks and stilton cheese recipe. You can have sig's celeriac soup with leeks and stilton cheese using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Here are the ingridients that are needed to make a tasty Sig's Celeriac Soup with Leeks and Stilton Cheese:
- You need 1 large of head of celeriac (root vegetable).
- Prepare 1 large of leek.
- Provide 4 of spring onions.
- Prepare 80 grams of Stilton or other blue cheese.
- Prepare 1 1/2 of vegetable stock cube.
- You need 1/2 tsp of fenugreek (powder) optional.
- You need 1/4 tsp of garlic salt.
- You need 1 of good sprinkle of dried tarragon.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- Get 1/2 of lemon (juice only) plus 1 tablespoon extra.
- Provide 1 tbsp of evaporated milk.
- Provide 1 pinch of salt or to taste.
- Prepare 3 of or so drops of Maggi liquid seasoning ( I use the hot spicy one) or use 1 pinch of cayenne pepper.
Done with the ingridients? Here are the steps on preparing Sig's Celeriac Soup with Leeks and Stilton Cheese:
- Peel the celeriac and chop into small shanks. Set a few very small pieces aside for garnish..
- Put the bigger pieces in a pot with the finely chopped leeks and spring onions. Cover just with water. Add a colander or sieve over this but not letting it touch the water..
- Now drop the smaller celeriac pieces into 1/4 of the lemon juice and rub it into the celeriac. Remove and put into the sieve over the other vegetables in the water bring to boil thus cooking the leeks , bigger chunky celeriac and spring onions and steaming the smaller celeriac pieces at the same time..
- When the smaller pieces are almost cooked remove and set aside in another 1/4 of lemon juice..
- Add all other ingredients except the 1 extra tablespoon of lemon juice and the cheese to vegetables in the pot..
- Simmer for five minutes.
- Puree the soup, add more water to reach consistency you prefer ,add the cheese and ensure it I melted.
- Gently fry the smaller pieces of celeriac until they just caramelise do not fry brown or they go bitter.
- Finally season to taste with rest of lemon juice, cayenne pepper and salt if needed and arrange the smaller pieces of celeriac sprinkled with some of the green from the spring onions..
This elegant onion and celery soup is pureed with Stilton cheese and served hot with a crumbling of cheese and a This will seem like a fancy soup without a lot of effort. Stilton cheese is really rich and creamy, and gives the Cook's Note: You may also make this soup with celeriac instead of celery. A creamy celeriac and leek soup. I would make this recipe again. A very simple soup, with a.
A recipe is a nice story that ends with a appetizing meal. If you find this web page useful Sharing this page to your families is the deal Hope that your Sig's Celeriac Soup with Leeks and Stilton Cheese makes your day joyful.