Hi people, back with us in the most excellent receipes page. If you are searching for tasty Shepherd’s pie with a celeriac mash – vegan recipe, you are now at the correct place. We only serve excellent Shepherd’s pie with a celeriac mash – vegan recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to shepherd’s pie with a celeriac mash – vegan recipe. You can have shepherd’s pie with a celeriac mash – vegan using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
Below are the ingridients that are required to cook a tasty Shepherd’s pie with a celeriac mash – vegan:
- Take 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Use 1 of red onion, peeled and chopped.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed.
- Get 2 of carrots, chopped (i do into halfmoon shapes).
- Take 2 sticks of celery, chopped.
- Get 1 cup of puy lentils, rinsed and drained.
- Prepare 500 ml of vegetable stock – may need more.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 1-2 tsp of fresh thyme leaves.
- Use 1 tsp of cayenne pepper or paprika – optional.
- Get of For the celeriac mash:.
- Prepare 1 head of celeriac, peeled and roughly chopped.
- Use of couple of sprigs of fresh thyme and/ or rosemary.
- You need of Some olive oil or butter or vegan butter.
- Prepare of Sea salt and black pepper.
- Prepare Handful of hazelnuts.
Ready with the ingridients? Below are the procedures on preparing Shepherd’s pie with a celeriac mash – vegan:
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C..
- For the celeriac mash: put the celeriac into a large pot of boiling water, add a pinch of salt. Bring back to the boil then simmer covered for 15-20 mins. I add some sprigs of thyme and/ or rosemary to the water. Drain and then mash with a fork or masher: add some oil and/ or butter to bring help mash til smooth. I like some texture so i never mash til completely smooth. Add a generous pinch of seasalt and a few grind of black pepper..
- In an oven-proof pan, heat the olive oil on a medium heat and then add the garlic and onions. Sauté til soft..
- Add the carrots and celery and cook til softened..
- Add the thyme leaves, vinegar, lentils, cayenne/ paprika if using and stock. If you drink alcohol, a splash of red wine can be added. Cover and simmer for 20-25 mins. Check that the mix doesn’t dry out – just add some hot water if it does..
- When the lentil mix is ready, spoon the celeriac mash on top. Cook in the oven for about 10 mins. Some grated cheese (vegan cheese of course if you’re making it vegan) on top is a good addition!.
- Because the celeriac has a nutty taste, i added some hazelnuts that i toasted in a dry pan for 5-10 mins..
- And that’s it! Enjoy on its own or with some greens..
Made with lentils, veggies, and mashed potatoes. Celeriac is such a great addition to mashed potatoes! It gives a subtle hint of flavor without changing the texture too much. I like to use red skin potatoes unpeeled. This French onion shepherd's pie is a total knockout.
A recipe is a nice story that ends with a enjoyable meal. If you find this page helpful Sharing this web page to your buddies is the deal Wish that your Shepherd’s pie with a celeriac mash – vegan turns your day cheerful.