What’s up guys, back with us in the most perfect receipes site. If you are searching for complete Fish Cakes recipe, you are now at the right place. We only serve excellent Fish Cakes recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to fish cakes recipe. You can cook fish cakes using 11 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you do it.
Below are the ingridients that are needed to prepare a appetizing Fish Cakes:
- You need 400 gms of haddock fillet. You can use salmon, cod).
- Get 1 of large potato.
- You need 1 of large or 2 small carrots.
- Provide of Fresh herbs – thyme, coriander, spring onion, parsley.
- You need 1/2 tsp of roasted ground cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of smoked paprika (optional).
- You need of Freshly ground black pepper.
- Provide to taste of Salt.
- Use of Some liquid milk to poach the fish.
- Prepare of Bread crumbs.
- Take of Oil to fry and little butter.
Ready with the ingridients? Below are the procedures on cooking Fish Cakes:
- Start by poaching the fish. Prepare the fish by placing the fish fillet in a microwave proof bowl. Add some milk enough to cover the fish..
- Cover and steam in the microwave for about 3-4 minutes..
- Using a slotted spoon, carefully remove the poached fish from the milk. Leave aside..
- Next steam the root vegetables. Peel and cut the carrot and potato, cut in chunks..
- In the same bowl of milk add the cut vegetables, season with some salt. Cover and steam for about 5-8 minutes until softened. Cook longer if needed..
- Using a potato masher or a fork, mash the cooked vegetables. Keep some of the milk to add to the mashed vegetables if needed..
- Place in a mixing bowl. Add all the seasoning ingredients..
- Using a fork flake the steamed fish, fold into the mashed vegetables..
- Season with salt and pepper. Carefully add the fresh herbs to the mixture..
- Divide the mixture into four portions. Gently pat into a ball and shape into four fish cakes..
- Place some breadcrumbs on a plate. Coat the fish cakes generously with the breadcrumbs..
- You can either keep refrigerated and shallow fry when ready to eat..
- Shallow fry in a nonstick pan 2 minutes on each sides until golden. Finish off with a little butter for the finished golden look..
- Serve warm with some salad..
- To note these fish cakes can be frozen. Place on a square of parchment paper when freezing, as it will be easy to keep them separated apart. And easy to remove them individually when needed..
Heat a glug of oil in a heavy-based pan over a medium-high heat. Pick, chop and stir the herbs through the mayo, then serve with the fish cakes, and some watercress and lemon wedges, if you like. Place the fish and potatoes into a large bowl and mash. Alternatively, if you would prefer your fish cakes to have a 'smooth' consistency, you can process these ingredients in a food processor. Add the milk, parmesan cheese, garlic, lemon rind, onion flakes, mustard, egg and salt and pepper and stir well to combine.
A recipe is a nice story that ends with a appetizing meal. If you find this web site helpful Sharing this page to your acquaintances is the deal Hope that your Fish Cakes turns your day joyful.