What’s up guys, welcome back to the most interesting receipes blog. If you are searching for tasty Chicken and Prawn Curry with Tamarind recipe, you are now at the perfect place. We only serve excellent Chicken and Prawn Curry with Tamarind recipe which will make your dish like a professional chef’s.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken and prawn curry with tamarind recipe. You can have chicken and prawn curry with tamarind using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Here are the ingridients that are needed to make a yummy Chicken and Prawn Curry with Tamarind:
- You need 6 of chicken breasts, cubed.
- Get 1 kg of large prawns, shelled and deveined.
- Take 3 tbsp of oil – I use sunflower oil when making a curry.
- Provide 1 of medium onion, finely chopped.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Get 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Provide 6 of whole peppercorns.
- You need 4 of cloves.
- Prepare 6 of curry leaves.
- Provide 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 1 tbsp of (heaped) ginger, garlic, chilli paste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of curry powder (more can be added as per your preference).
- Provide 1/2 tsp of tumeric powder (hurdee/ haldi).
- Take 3 of large tomatoes, grated (discard skins).
- Take 1 tbsp of corriander powder.
- You need 1 cup of tamarind "sauce" about 15 – 20 grms dissolved in a cup of warm water then strained & discarded the seeds & pulp. May be substited with about a tablespoonful of lemon juice. Note: tamarind gives an amazing flavour and thickens the gravy.
- You need 1 bunch of fresh corriander, chopped.
Ready with the ingridients? Here are the procedures on cooking Chicken and Prawn Curry with Tamarind:
- Slightly heat oil in a pan then add in the cumin, mustard seeds, cloves, peppercorns and onion..
- Sautè until onion changes colour to a light golden brown..
- Add in curry leaves and bay leaf..
- Mix in ginger, garlic and chilli paste. Followed by curry powder and tumeric powder..
- Add grated tomato and allow to cook through..
- Mix in the corriander powder..
- Once cooked, add in tamarind sauce and allow to simmer for a few moments..
- Mix in chopped corriander..
- Place cubed chicken into gravy. When almost done, add in the prawns and allow to cook through..
- Serve with basmati or other rice of choice..
Bring the flavours of south India to your kitchen with this mouth-watering fish curry. Flavouring it with tamarind gives it an extra kick. A quick and easy Chicken, Date & Tamarind Curry recipe, from our authentic Indian cuisine collection. Find brilliant recipe ideas and cooking tips at Gousto. This Chicken curry is my mum-in-law's speciality.
A recipe is a good story that finishes with a well done meal. If you find this site fruitful Sharing this site to your buddies is the deal Wish that your Chicken and Prawn Curry with Tamarind turns your day cheerful.