Hi people, back with us in the most pleasing receipes blog. If you are searching for yummy ZitaB's Hungarian peas paprikash with dumplings recipe, you are now at the correct place. We only provide excellent ZitaB's Hungarian peas paprikash with dumplings recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to zitab's hungarian peas paprikash with dumplings recipe. You can cook zitab's hungarian peas paprikash with dumplings using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
Here are the ingridients that are required to produce a tasty ZitaB's Hungarian peas paprikash with dumplings:
- Use of For the stew:.
- Use 250 g of peas (frozen).
- Prepare 1 of onion, diced.
- Get 2 teaspoons of cooking oil (to sauté the onions).
- Take 1 teaspoon of paprika powder.
- Provide 250 ml of water (enough water to cover peas).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of sour cream.
- Take 1 tablespoon of plain flour (thicken stew).
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
- You need of For the dumplings:.
- Take 3 of large tablespoons plain flour.
- Provide 1 of egg.
- You need 1/8 of fine salt.
- Use 6 cups of water (cooking the dumplings).
Done with the ingridients? Below are the procedures on producing ZitaB's Hungarian peas paprikash with dumplings:
- Dice the onion, on medium heat add oil to the pot. Sauté until onions becomes translucent and soft. Remove pot from heat and add paprika powder, (paprika is added off the heat to prevent it burning and becoming bitter) mix together and add peas..
- Return pot back on heat, add enough water to cover the peas. Season with salt and pepper (to taste). Stir occasionally..
- Cook the peas until they are soft. Slowly add about a tablespoon of flour to the stew. Constantly stirring to prevent it becoming lumpy. Turn heat to low. Add the sour cream and stir. Cook for about another minute or 2 but make sure not to boil it (cream can split). Turn off heat..
- For the dumplings add flour, egg and salt in mixing bowl and mix together. Once fully combined add enough water bit by bit and stir continuously, until a paste forms (paste should resemble pancake batter)..
- In another pot, add enough water for cooking the dumplings. Bring water to boil. To the pot add some salt and oil (to prevent dumplings sticking)..
- Using either a large cheese grater backwards (use a spatula to push dough through and it will drip into the water) or potato ricer, pass the runny dough through..
- Boil the dumplings until they float to the top of the water surface (about 30 seconds). Ensure the dumplings are fully cooked before removing from pot. Use a large colander or a slotted spoon, drain the water from the dumplings. Transfer to a bowl, add a tiny amount of olive oil and lightly salt. Mix well together..
- In a serving bowl, add the drained dumplings at the bottom and the stew on top. Serve with a dollop of sour cream. Mix together. Eat immediately while hot..
A recipe is a good story that ends with a delicious meal. If you find this site useful Sharing this internet site to your acquaintances is the deal Hope that your ZitaB's Hungarian peas paprikash with dumplings turns your day joyful.