Hi buddy, back with us in the most complete receipes page. If you are searching for complete Butternut Squash Tagine recipe, you are now at the perfect place. We only prepare excellent Butternut Squash Tagine recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to butternut squash tagine recipe. To make butternut squash tagine you need 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Below are the ingridients that are required to serve a remarkably good Butternut Squash Tagine:
- You need 1 tbsp. of olive oil or fry light spray.
- Take 1 of medium sized butternut squash, chopped into small 1cm cubes.
- You need 4 Cloves of garlic, bashed and roughly chopped up.
- Provide 1 of Red onion finely sliced.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground ginger.
- Get 1 of cinnamon stick.
- Take 1 tsp of ground coriander.
- Use 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- Get 1 carton of passata 500grams.
- Provide 3 of preserved lemons, pips taken out and roughly chopped up.
- Prepare 200 grams of halloumi cut into cubes.
- Prepare 150 ml of stock (vegetable or chicken).
- Get 1 tbsp. of clear runny honey.
- Provide 12 of olives.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and Pepper.
- You need of Fresh coriander as a garnish.
- Get of Yogurt – optional.
Done with the ingridients? Below are the sequences on serving Butternut Squash Tagine:
- On the hob! Slice in half and remove the seeds from the butternut squash, peel, and chop it. USE a STRONG sharp knife..
- Chop up the onion and garlic..
- Prepare the spices and lemon..
- With a saucepan or tagine heat it up on the hob to a medium heat. Drizzle or spray the oil and add then throw in the onion and garlic, let it slowly soften for 4 – 5 minutes stirring regularly..
- Next add the spices for a minute or two to heat through, then the lemon. Add the butternut squash stirring well to coat all the cubes with the spices. Splash in the tomato passata, stir….. and the honey and salt and pepper..
- Pour in the stock cube, now let the sauce do its things, bring it down to a gentle simmer. Stir occasionally to make sure its not burning on the bottom..
- Check the butternut squash with a fork or knife after 20 minutes to see if its soft all the way through but not mushy. It may need another 10 minutes or so. At the end stir in the halloumi and olives to heat through..
- Serve with couscous, and flat breads! delicious!.
A recipe is a nice story that finishes with a enjoyable meal. If you find this site fruitful Sharing this page to your acquaintances is the deal Wish that your Butternut Squash Tagine turns your day cheerful.