Hi buddy, back with us in the most excellent receipes web site. If you are searching for pleasing Ume syrup – Japanese plum syrup (plum juice base) recipe, you are now at the right place. We only prepare excellent Ume syrup – Japanese plum syrup (plum juice base) recipe which will make your dish like a professional chef’s.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to ume syrup – japanese plum syrup (plum juice base) recipe. You can have ume syrup – japanese plum syrup (plum juice base) using 2 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Here are the ingridients that are required to serve a delicious Ume syrup – Japanese plum syrup (plum juice base):
- Get 1 kg of green plums (unripe).
- You need 1 kg of rock sugar (crystallized white sugar).
Ready with the ingridients? Here are the steps on serving Ume syrup – Japanese plum syrup (plum juice base):
- To sanitize a glass jar, pour boiling water in the jar, drain well and air dry..
- Wash plums gently, remove hulls with a bamboo stick, and dry well with paper towels one by one. Please make sure the plums are dried well otherwise the moisture of plums will cause growing mold in the jar..
- I recommend using rock sugar for making plum wine. It takes time to dissolve and that means it helps to extract the flavors from the plums at a slower pace..
- Layer the plums and the sugar alternately in the jar.
- Put the lid on the jar and store in a cool, dark place. You can start using this syrup after it’s been resting for at least 2 weeks. Give it a gently shake the jar everyday to mix sugar. That helps the extract comes out from the plum. Better to write the date you started on the jar so that you can remember when the plum gets ready to be used!.
I like use this syrup on shaved ice in summer time too! Think of it as similar to a raspberry cordial but with a completely different and unique flavor. The final steps: Put the strained plum juice into a saucepan and heat on low. Scoop off the white scum and simmer. If you rinse plum, remove any water.
A recipe is a nice story that finishes with a delicious meal. If you find this web page helpful Sharing this site to your families is the deal Wish that your Ume syrup – Japanese plum syrup (plum juice base) makes your day cheerful.