What’s up buddy, welcome back to the most interesting receipes blog. If you are searching for excellent Smoked mussel and saffron soup recipe, you are now at the perfect place. We only serve excellent Smoked mussel and saffron soup recipe which will make your dish like a professional chef’s.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to smoked mussel and saffron soup recipe. To cook smoked mussel and saffron soup you need 17 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Below are the ingridients that are required to prepare a appetizing Smoked mussel and saffron soup:
- Prepare 2 lbs of fresh mussels.
- Take 500 ml of fish stock.
- Prepare 500 ml of white wine.
- Get 500 ml of clam nectar.
- Prepare 2 sprigs of lemon balm.
- You need 2 stalks of lemon grass.
- Provide 2 tsp of saffron.
- You need 2 cups of apple wood chips.
- Take 5 sprigs of thyme.
- Get 1 litre of heavy cream.
- Use 2 strips of bacon.
- Take 125 ml of mayonnaise.
- You need 1 of carrot.
- You need 1 of shallot.
- You need 1 stalk of celery.
- Use 1 of baby Yukon gold potato (aka golden nugget).
- Prepare 2 of gherkin pickles.
Ready with the ingridients? Below are the sequences on serving Smoked mussel and saffron soup:
- Put white wine, lemon balm, thyme and lemon grass in a sauce pot and reduce by half.
- Place saffron in 1cup of steaming hot water cover and put aside..
- Smoke 10-15 mussels in a skillet. Do this by placing the wood chips in the skillet dry and bringing to a smoulder. Wrap the mussels in tin foil, poke some holes in it and place in the skillet with the wood chips. Cover and smoke for 5-10 mins..
- Once shells have opened, remove meat, place in a blender with the clam nectar and blitz!.
- Combine all liquids except saffron in a sauce pot and bring to a boil..
- Reduce heat to a simmer and liquid to 3/4 of original amount..
- Strain saffron tea through a fine sieve into the broth. Salt and pepper to taste..
- You should now have a vibrant yellow and Smokey broth..
- Fine dice the carrot, shallot, celery, potato and bacon. Sweat until soft and set aside to cool..
- Once all is cool, fine dice the gherkins and mix all together with mayonnaise. Salt and pepper to taste..
- You now have remoulade..
- In a covered sauce pan add saffron broth and enough mussels for 3 mussels per person to be served. *I use clams as well to add variety and texture..
- Place a spoon full of remoulade in the center of a shallow soup bowl..
- Once the mussels have opened in the broth, place them around the remoulade and add the broth..
- Garnish with a nice green herb of your choice and enjoy.
- Chili oil is an optional garnish that adds to the smokey flavour and brings an element of heat to the dish..
Combine fish stock, chicken stock, herbs, saffron, water and tomatoes into the pot. Pass the liquid through a sieve. Return the soup liquid to the. Mussels cooked in white wine are incorporated into this chicken stock-based bisque seasoned with fenugreek and saffron. Mussels cooked in white wine are incorporated into this chicken stock-based bisque seasoned with fenugreek and saffron.
A recipe is a good story that ends with a appetizing meal. If you find this page helpful Sharing this page to your acquaintances is the deal Wish that your Smoked mussel and saffron soup turns your day joyful.