Hi buddy, back with us in the most complete receipes page. If you are searching for tasty Banga soup recipe, you are now at the correct place. We only serve excellent Banga soup recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to banga soup recipe. To make banga soup you only need 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Here are the ingridients that are needed to serve a appetizing Banga soup:
- Prepare 1 kg of Palm fruits (banga).
- Get 500 g of meat (assorted meat or chicken).
- You need 1 of large sized fresh catfish.
- Prepare of Prawns (optional).
- Get 1-2 cups of periwinkles.
- Take 1 of medium onion.
- Take 1/2 cup of crayfish.
- Use 6-8 of scotch bonnet chillies.
- Take 1 tbsp of ataiko.
- Prepare 1 tsp of irugege.
- Get 1 of obonrubebe stick.
- Take 1 handful of dried Beletientien leaves.
- Use 1/2 handful of dried and crushed bitterleaf.
- Provide 4 of Seasoning cubes.
- Provide of Salt.
Ready with the ingridients? Here are the instructions on cooking Banga soup:
- Wash your meat with warm water and salt Wash your fish with warm water and lime juice to get rid of the sliminess Cook your Banga and extract the juice Grind your crayfish together with the ataiko and irugege. Blend your pepper Chop your onions.
- Precook your meat with the chopped onion, 2 Seasoning cubes and salt. Cook till the meat is almost done and the water is almost dried up..
- Pour your palm fruit extract into a pot and boil for about 15mins or until it starts to thicken. Add your ground spice mix (crayfish, irugege and ataiko) and obonrubebe stick and cook for a few more minutes..
- When the soup has thickened considerably, add your precooked meat, fresh fish, blended chillies, 2 seasoning cubes and salt. Cook till the fish is done, your meat should also be done by now..
- Add your Beletientien leaves and bitterleaf, taste for Seasoning and adjust to suit your taste; simmer for 2-3 minutes. Turn off the heat and serve with your favourite swallow..
Nigerian Banga Soup or Ofe Akwu is native to the Niger Delta and the South Eastern parts of Vegetable: scent leave for Ofe Akwu or dried and crushed bitter leaves for Delta-style Banga Soup. Banga or ofe akwu is a flavorful Nigerian soup made with palm fruit, beef or dried fish, vegetables, and seasonings such as salt and chili pepper. The soup is traditionally paired with various fufu dishes. Palm nut soup is a soup made from the palm fruit common to the African community. In Ghana, palm nut soup is called abenkwan.
A recipe is a good story that finishes with a good meal. If you find this page fruitful Sharing this site to your friends is the deal Hope that your Banga soup turns your day cheerful.