Hello friends, back with us in the most excellent receipes web page. If you are looking for delicious Ivy Gourd Paturi (Tindora / Tendli steam cooked in Banana Leaf) recipe, you are now at the best place. We only prepare excellent Ivy Gourd Paturi (Tindora / Tendli steam cooked in Banana Leaf) recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to ivy gourd paturi (tindora / tendli steam cooked in banana leaf) recipe. To cook ivy gourd paturi (tindora / tendli steam cooked in banana leaf) you need 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Here are the ingridients that are needed to prepare a delicious Ivy Gourd Paturi (Tindora / Tendli steam cooked in Banana Leaf):
- You need 10-12 of Ivy Gourd, slit into half lengthwise.
- Get 1/2 cup of fresh grated coconut.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of mustard seeds.
- Prepare 8-10 of cashew nuts / 2 tbsp. poppy seeds.
- Use 2 of green chilies.
- Use 1 tbsp. of mustard oil.
- Take 1 tbsp. of yoghurt.
- Use to taste of salt.
- Use 2-3 tbsp. of coriander leaves, chopped.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- Get Few of extra fresh green / red chilies.
- Get 1-2 of banana leaves, cut into desired size.
Done with the ingridients? Below are the procedures on preparing Ivy Gourd Paturi (Tindora / Tendli steam cooked in Banana Leaf):
- Grind the cashew nuts, mustard seeds, green chilies and coconut to a smooth paste. Mix along with yogurt, salt, turmeric powder, mustard oil, coriander leaves and Ivy Gourd..
- Heat a tawa / pan and place the banana leaves on them for a few seconds on both sides. This will help it to become more pliable so that it can be easily folded without breaking..
- Place little of the Ivy Gourd mix in the centre of a banana leaf along with a chili and fold into a parcel. Tie with a string and keep aside. Do the same with rest of the mix..
- Steam for 15-20 minutes. Midway, turn them over gently to cook the other side too. When done, discard the string and open the parcel and serve them with hot steamed rice..
- Note – I had to substitute poppy seeds with cashew nuts as the former is unavailable here. But believe me there was no change in the taste and flavour. It turned out just yummy..
Tindora (Ivy gourd) is known by many different names across India. The most common ones are Dondakaya in Telugu, Kovakka in Tamil, Kundru, Tendli, Tondli in Marathi, Kovakkai in Malayalam etc. There are many variations to this recipe across various states in India depending on the region and. Ivy Gourd (Tindora) has been considered as a therapeutic herb in traditional Thai as well Ayurvedic medication. Since the ancient times, the ivy gourd (Tindora) has been utilized like a cure for asthma, leprosy, bronchitis and jaundice.
A recipe is a nice story that ends with a delicious meal. If you find this internet site helpful Sharing this site to your acquaintances is the deal Hope that your Ivy Gourd Paturi (Tindora / Tendli steam cooked in Banana Leaf) turns your day cheerful.