Hi buddy, back with us in the most interesting receipes page. If you are looking for best Mochar Ghonto (Bengali style Banana blossoms curry) recipe, you are now at the right place. We only prepare excellent Mochar Ghonto (Bengali style Banana blossoms curry) recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mochar ghonto (bengali style banana blossoms curry) recipe. You can have mochar ghonto (bengali style banana blossoms curry) using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Here are the ingridients that are required to serve a delicious Mochar Ghonto (Bengali style Banana blossoms curry):
- Use 1 of Mocha or Banana blossom.
- You need 1 of Potato cubes.
- Take 1 of Dry red chilli.
- You need Pinch of Turmeric powder.
- Take 1 tsp of Cumin powder.
- Provide 1 tsp of Garam masala powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Curd.
- Use 1 tsp of Tomato.
- You need 1 of Ginger Sliced.
- Provide 1/2 cup of Coconut, chopped.
- Get As per taste of Sugar and salt.
- Take As required of Mustard oil.
- Get For of tempering:.
- Get 2 of Green Cardamom.
- Provide 1 of Bay leaf.
- Get 1 of Cinnamon stick.
Done with the ingridients? Below are the sequences on preparing Mochar Ghonto (Bengali style Banana blossoms curry):
- First, the crucial step is peeling off the blossoms. First, rub some oil on the hand. Then peel off the layer and cut out the floret. Chop them and soak then in the water. Add turmeric powder in the water and soak it overnight..
- Next morning drain out the water. Put the chopped mocha in the pressure cooker. Also, add the potatoes and pressure cook it for 2 whistles. Take it out and let it cool..
- Now take the tomato, ginger and chop them. Put them in a grinder. Add the chopped coconut. Blend into a smooth paste. Also, add the red chilli in it..
- Take a pan. Add mustard oil. Put the bay leaf, green cardamom and cinnamon sticks. As flavour comes out, add the potatoes..
- After few minutes of tossing, add the mocha..
- Saute them for a while. Add the masala paste of tomato, ginger and coconut. Mix them. Cover it for few minutes..
- Add salt, turmeric powder and cumin powder. Cook for few minutes more..
- Add curd and mix it..
- Add water as much needed. Add the garam masala powder, cook it for few more minutes then transfer to a bowl and serve hot..
Mochar Ghonto Recipe, a traditional Bengali preparation of the banana blossom which is a star of the Vegetarian Bengali menu. And despite being a hardcore non-vegetarian, each time home, I eat more Bengali vegetarian dishes than non-veg, courtesy the old-timey ladies in my life. And since I'm feeling generous, let me share some of those vegetarian gems that come from the mine that is a Bengali 'ranna-ghor'. Serve Banana Blossom (Flower) Fry / Mochar Ghonto with rice. Banana is one of those plants which can be used in various different ways.
A recipe is a nice story that finishes with a appetizing meal. If you find this site helpful Sharing this web site to your mates is the deal Hope that your Mochar Ghonto (Bengali style Banana blossoms curry) makes your day joyful.