Hello friends, back with us in the most complete receipes site. If you are searching for excellent JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA recipe, you are now at the correct place. We only serve excellent JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA recipe which will make your dish like a professional chef’s.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to jon’s green split peas soup with feta cheese and bacon bruscheta recipe. You can cook jon’s green split peas soup with feta cheese and bacon bruscheta using 23 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Below are the ingridients that are needed to prepare a delicious JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA:
- Provide 1 lb. of dry split green peas.
- You need 4 of smoked bacon slices.
- You need 2 tbsp. of bacon fat.
- Take 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Provide 1 cup of onions, small diced.
- Use 2/3 cup of carrot, small diced.
- Get 2/3 cup of celery, small diced.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of fresh thyme leaves.
- Get 1 tsp. of fresh oregano, chopped.
- Use 1 tbsp. of basil leaves cut in strips.
- Take 1 of chicken cube chicken bouillon.
- You need 1 tsp. of salt.
- Take 1/4 tsp. of ground black pepper.
- Provide 8 cups of pork stock, chicken stock or water.
- You need of feta cheese bruscheta.
- Take 12 of baguette bread slices.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Provide 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Use 2 of smoked bacon slices cooked and diced.
- Get 2/3 cup of feta cheese, small diced.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of chopped oregano.
- Provide 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Get 1/2 tsp. of paprika powder.
Done with the ingridients? Here are the instructions on serving JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA:
- The green split peas, I like to leave them soaking in cold water the night before. Next day drain the water. Place the bacon in a cooking sheet pan and cook in the oven until crispy. Remove the bacon, make bacon chips and set aside. Pour the bacon fat in large pot. Add and sauté onion and garlic together..
- Add celery and carrot, cover and let it sweat for a few minutes. Incorporate the water or stock, bring it to a boil, lower the flame and slowly cook for about 45 minutes until peas are soft. Once the peas are soft purée them using an immersion blender..
- Add fresh herbs and cook for 5 minutes more..
- FETA CHEESE BRUSCHETA Place the bread slices in a baking sheet pan and brush them with the olive oil. Place the sheet pan in the oven and lightly brown the top. In a bowl mix the garlic, bacon, feta cheese and oregano..
- Cover bread slices with the feta cheese mix. Mix parmesan cheese with paprika and sprinkle on top. Put the baking pan back in the oven and toast the top until golden brown..
- Serve the soup with the bruschetta and bacon chips..
Garnished with cheese, sour cream, scallions and tortilla strips. Split Pea and ham – Local smoked ham, carrots, celery, garlic and split peas made with chicken and beef stock. Loaded Baked Potato soup – made w/ potatoes and cauliflower for a lighter version. Garnished with cheddar, bacon and scallions. Serve with crusty bread and feta for the ultimate meal!
A recipe is a nice story that finishes with a well done meal. If you find this site fruitful Sharing this page to your mates is the deal Wish that your JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA makes your day joyful.