What’s up friends, welcome back to the most excellent receipes page. If you are searching for excellent Cream of Mushroom Soup with Parmesan Cheese and Applewood Smoked Bacon recipe, you are now at the correct place. We only provide excellent Cream of Mushroom Soup with Parmesan Cheese and Applewood Smoked Bacon recipe which will make your dish like a professional chef’s.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to cream of mushroom soup with parmesan cheese and applewood smoked bacon recipe. You can cook cream of mushroom soup with parmesan cheese and applewood smoked bacon using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
Here are the ingridients that are needed to cook a appetizing Cream of Mushroom Soup with Parmesan Cheese and Applewood Smoked Bacon:
- Prepare 4 strips of Applewood smoked bacon- diced before cooking (any bacon will work).
- Provide 2 ounces of oil.
- Prepare 8 Ounces of mushroom — sliced.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic — chopped.
- Provide 1/4 of of sweet onion — diced.
- Prepare 2 of each shallots — finely chopped.
- You need 1 stalk of celery — chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of flour.
- Get 4 1/2 cups of chicken stock.
- Take 16 ounces of half and half.
- Get 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Get 1/4 teaspoon of ground sage.
- Provide 1/4 teaspoon of fennel seed.
- Use 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- You need To taste of salt.
Done with the ingridients? Here are the steps on producing Cream of Mushroom Soup with Parmesan Cheese and Applewood Smoked Bacon:
- In a sauce pan slowly brown off the bacon, remove bacon from the pan and reserve for later. Leave the bacon fat on the bottom for the next step..
- Add the oil, garlic, onions, shallots mushrooms and celery and cook until lightly caramelized about 5 minutes. do not burn :).
- Sprinkle all of the flour over the vegetable and stir about 1 minute, this is making a compound roux..
- Slowly add the chicken stock and half and half, then add the black pepper, sage, and fennel seed..
- Bring to a boil and then lightly simmer for 20-25 minutes. Stir as needed not to burn.
- Adjust the seasoning as needed with salt and pepper..
- Add the Parmesan cheese and bacon bits and mix together just before service..
Serve this mushroom soup with some hot toasted bread, mushroom and fresh parsley. Or better yet, roast some hazelnuts and prepare to be dazzled with deliciousness. In the same pot add water and chopped carrots, celery and onion, cover and cook on medium heat until tender. Blend with half the chopped mushrooms until smooth. Bring a kettle to the boil, then pour the water over the dried porcini just to cover.
A recipe is a good story that ends with a well done meal. If you find this site fruitful Sharing this site to your acquaintances is the deal Hope that your Cream of Mushroom Soup with Parmesan Cheese and Applewood Smoked Bacon makes your day joyful.