Hi buddy, welcome back to the most pleasing receipes site. If you are searching for pleasing Spicy Vegan Lentil Mabo Tofu recipe, you are now at the perfect place. We only serve excellent Spicy Vegan Lentil Mabo Tofu recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to spicy vegan lentil mabo tofu recipe. To make spicy vegan lentil mabo tofu you need 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
Below are the ingridients that are required to serve a appetizing Spicy Vegan Lentil Mabo Tofu:
- Take 100 g of lentils, soaked overnight.
- Take 1 block of silk or soft tofu, 350-400 g.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic.
- Get 1 of chunk fresh ginger.
- Prepare 1 of spring or green onion, white part.
- Get 1 Tbsp of Chinese fermented black beans.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of Sichuan peppercorns, ground.
- Use 1-2 tsp of douban jiang (spicy chili bean paste).
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of sesame oil (or vegetable oil).
- Take 1/2 cup of vegetable or kombu stock.
- Prepare 2 tsp of potato starch.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- Get of Chopped scallions to garnish.
Ready with the ingridients? Here are the procedures on producing Spicy Vegan Lentil Mabo Tofu:
- Prep all the ingredients beforehand so you can work quickly while stir-frying (don't forget to soak your lentils for 6-8 hours!). Mince the garlic, green onion and fermented black beans. Grate the ginger and lightly grind the Sichuan peppercorns..
- In a large frying pan or wok, heat the sesame oil and fry the ginger, garlic and spring onion until fragrant. Add the fermented black beans and Sichuan peppercorns and fry for about 1 minute, stirring..
- Add the douban jiang/spicy chili bean paste and fry briefly while mixing it into the other ingredients..
- Add the soaked and drained lentils, then pour in enough water to just cover everything. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer on medium low for about 15 minutes until the lentils are soft..
- While the lentils are cooking, mix 1/2 cup stock with 2 tsp potato starch, 1 Tbsp soy sauce and 1 tsp sugar in a small bowl and set aside..
- Once the lentils are soft, cut the tofu into bite-sized cubes and add it into the pan. Gently toss to mix but avoid stirring or the tofu may fall apart..
- Give the stock mix from step 5 a stir and pour it over the lentils and tofu. Bring to a boil and simmer for a couple minutes until the sauce has thickened a bit. Garnish with chopped scallions and serve..
A recipe is a good story that finishes with a well done meal. If you find this web page useful Sharing this web site to your friends is the deal Wish that your Spicy Vegan Lentil Mabo Tofu turns your day cheerful.