What’s up friends, welcome back to the most perfect receipes site. If you are looking for best Victoria sponge recipe, you are now at the right place. We only serve excellent Victoria sponge recipe which will make your dish like a professional chef’s.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to victoria sponge recipe. You can cook victoria sponge using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Here are the ingridients that are required to serve a yummy Victoria sponge:
- Prepare 6 oz of butter or margarine.
- Use 6 oz of caster sugar.
- Provide 3 of eggs.
- Take 6 oz of self raising flour.
- Get 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Take 120 ml of double cream.
- Use 20 g of icing sugar.
- Provide of Strawberry or raspberry jam.
- Use of Strawberries.
- Prepare of Icing sugar for dusting.
Done with the ingridients? Here are the sequences on serving Victoria sponge:
- Pre heat your oven to 180⁰/gas mark 5. Start by mixing the butter and sugar together until combined..
- Add the eggs in and mix..
- Add the flour and stir together until smooth..
- Add the vanilla extract..
- Grease your cake tins, use baking paper or butter..
- Add half of mixture into each tin and make sure they are both even..
- To check if its ready, put a knife in the cakes and if it comes out clean then it's ready and if it comes out with mixture on then leave for a few more minutes..
- When the cakes come out leave to cool slightly and then take them out of the tins and put on a cooling rack..
- Whip the cream in a bowl until soft peaks form, add the icing sugar and stir in..
- When cakes are cooled, spread some jam over the bottom layer of the cake. Pipe the cream on top of the jam and and when that layer is covered add other layer on top..
- Pipe cream on top of the cake around the edge. Add the strawberries and dust the icing sugar on top..
A traditional Victoria sponge consists of jam sandwiched between two sponge cakes. This easy Victoria sponge recipe creates a soft vanilla-infused sponge cake sandwiched together with a light buttercream and jam filling. Great for parties, birthdays or a big cup of afternoon tea. Andrew Scrivani for The New York Times. english cake strawberry sponge cake victoria sponge strawberry sponge layer cake dessert cake top view victoria cake victoria sandwich sponge cake with strawberry sponge cakes victoria background. Before the Victoria sponge, British sponge cakes were leavened only by eggs hand-whisked with sugar until foamy and thick.
A recipe is a nice story that finishes with a good meal. If you find this web site helpful Sharing this page to your friends is the deal Wish that your Victoria sponge makes your day cheerful.