Hello friends, welcome back to the most pleasing receipes site. If you are looking for best Kabocha Squash Kamut/Spelt sourdough bread recipe, you are now at the perfect place. We only provide excellent Kabocha Squash Kamut/Spelt sourdough bread recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to kabocha squash kamut/spelt sourdough bread recipe. You can have kabocha squash kamut/spelt sourdough bread using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Below are the ingridients that are required to make a appetizing Kabocha Squash Kamut/Spelt sourdough bread:
- You need 1 of kabocha squash, cubed.
- Get 5 cups of organic kamut, freshly milled.
- Provide 5 cups of organic spelt, freshly milled.
- Use 2 cups of sourdough starter.
- Use 2 cups of Greek yogurt or just filtered water.
- Take 3 Tsp of olive oil.
- Get 4 cups of filtered water.
- Get 3 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of mulberry syrup or honey.
- Get 3 tsp of cumin seeds, optional.
- Provide 2 Tsp of teff or sesame seeds, optional.
- Take 6-7 cup of Organic unbleached all purpose flour.
Ready with the ingridients? Here are the instructions on preparing Kabocha Squash Kamut/Spelt sourdough bread:
- Steam cubed kabocha squash in a steamer for 25 minutes until a fork easily poke through. Cool down to room temperature..
- Mash steamed squash in a food processor or manually using a fork..
- Mix together all wet ingredients and then add freshly milled ancient grain flours, such as spelt and kamut. If you don't have them, just use whole wheat flour or all purpose flour..
- Knead the dough until smooth and your hands are clean too. Divide the dough into 3 equal pieces and place each dough in a pre oiled bowl to proof..
- After about 4 hours when the dough is double its size..
- Knead the dough and shape them into your desired styles. Proof a second time for about 2 hours..
- Preheat the oven to 375F and bake for about 30 minutes. Score the bread before baking..
- Sourdough bread keeps well in the room temperature for 3 days and 2 weeks in a fridge and longer in a freezer..
I normally try to mix kamut berries with another, softer grain, because kamut berries are rock hard and heat up my grinder. Kabocha squash, also known as Japanese pumpkin, has a thin but firm green skin and a bright vivid orange flesh. Amongst the many squash varieties, kabocha probably tastes the sweetest. Its rich texture and flavor is akin to a sweet potato and a pumpkin combined. The green outer skin may look.
A recipe is a nice story that ends with a delicious meal. If you find this site helpful Sharing this web site to your friends is the deal Hope that your Kabocha Squash Kamut/Spelt sourdough bread makes your day joyful.