Greetings to everyone out there, welcome back to the most interesting receipes site. If you are searching for delicious Vickys Sweet & Sour Sauce recipe, you are now at the best place. We only serve excellent Vickys Sweet & Sour Sauce recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to vickys sweet & sour sauce recipe. You can cook vickys sweet & sour sauce using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
Here are the ingridients that are needed to produce a delicious Vickys Sweet & Sour Sauce:
- Take 1 of spray oil.
- Get 1 of shallot, finely chopped.
- Take 1 tbsp of (as heaping as possible) cornflour / corn starch.
- Get 3 tbsp of rice vinegar.
- Provide 4 tbsp of tomato ketchup.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of granulated sugar.
- Use 1 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Use 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1 tsp of tomato paste / puree.
- Use 170 ml of pineapple juice.
- Get 1 small of tin of pineapple chunks.
Done with the ingridients? Here are the procedures on producing Vickys Sweet & Sour Sauce:
- Gently cook off the shallot until softened.
- Mix the cornflour and vinegar together in a bowl to make a slurry.
- Add in the ketchup, sugar, worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, tomato paste and pineapple juice into the bowl and whisk together.
- Pour into the pan with the shallots. The liquid will look cloudy.
- Bring to the boil for 2 minutes until the mixture has turned a lovely red and thickened up.
- Stir through the pineapple chunks and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Adjust to taste, adding more vinegar or sugar as required.
- My mother used to add half a chopped green bell pepper and cooked it before adding the shallot to the pan.
A recipe is a nice story that finishes with a enjoyable meal. If you find this web site useful Sharing this site to your buddies is the deal Hope that your Vickys Sweet & Sour Sauce turns your day joyful.